A storm is brewing

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Shadow, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Shadow

Shadow Member

A long time has passed in the Castle of .........., once held in high regard and esteem by its noble master and now it remains in ruins. Uninhabitated for what seems like a generation, new evil has occupied the once great walls of this castle... darkness has entered Sosaria once more. There she brews after the loss of her greatest warrior... the dark hunter... dead, forgotten, burned and buried in the Ossuary of the Paws. "I will bring a plague back in to this world, one that no one hath ever known!" She screams, "My creations shall plague the sea and haunt the forests! No one shall be safe from mine wrath this time." Only time shall brew this great evil, in the coming weeks it shall be unleashed once more, twofold upon the world. Beware travellers and wanderers!
    Vlar, Ragar, Zyler and 9 others like this.
  2. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

What a disturbing note... I had always wondered what special purpose the Ossuary held. Now, I suppose, I understand. I will be sure to remain extra vigilant as I go out about my daily routines in the the Village. Now that I think about it, I have noticed that the Spiritwood fog seems much thicker than usual.
    Vlar, Andersonius, Ragar and 2 others like this.
  3. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Very disturbing indeed. I will not try to imagine what this evil be, for my sleep would than be filled with visions of horrid things.

Instead I and those whom dwell within the boundaries of Wispfelt shall trod lightly upon the land and drift slowly upon the sea. Ever watchful for "Shadows which do not belong"

Marjo Governess of Wispfelt Village
    Vlar, Andersonius and Alice Asteroid like this.
  4. Shadow

Shadow Member

The witch began to wave her hands and threw some peculiar substance in to her cauldron with a muttering of words and breath to illuminate the pot, it began to bubble and grow. The witch began to speak; Come forth my pretties, grow in strength and pull yourselves free of your restraints, plague this world's sea with your deadly song and allure. From within the cauldron an arm began to raise out of the pot covered in goo, it was almost time.
    Zyler, Andersonius, newme and 2 others like this.
  5. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Ohhhhhh my!
  6. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

I have of late had many disturbing dreams of past plagues.
    Blackrock and beetles infest my mind.

Not only when sleeping, but now when awake...
  7. Shadow

Shadow Member

(OOC)

Community, it is important to note that this is in fact an active quest. The details of it are so elusive that they are not entirely known to me yet, how this quest ends will be shaped by the community who partake in its role. This particular one will not end so quickly like the previous one (Descent in to Madness), but rather it will continue for a period longer until an ending is suitable... what this means is... Take a role in the quest!!! There are rewards for participating and often it leads to a massive event. I believe given one more week the first appearances shall begin from this quest.
    von Stuben and Andersonius like this.
  8. newme

newme Well-Known Member

oh, so it is an in game quest in one more week? Such fun...thanks for doing this
    Andersonius likes this.
  9. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

After the disturbing nightmares of late and the recollections during the day, I decided to investigate the graveyard and Ossuary. There was an eeriness about the place I had not felt before. My mount shivered and relieved himself. We then moved forward.

[​IMG]

I found what appeared to be bones dug from the graves behind us which thwarted me into more memories of my recent dreams. No one was present to my senses therefore checked the door above the ladder… it was locked.

The first floor was unsightly however during the search a stained map was uncovered which I could not readily read. After some inspection, I discerned the cities of Britain and Skara Brae.

[​IMG]

I returned to the shrine and sent a bird to a Scout I hope to hire.

*releases messenger*
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    newme and Alice Asteroid like this.
  10. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

I've just dispatched one of Stormhold's brave knights to investigate the goings on in Paws!
    newme, Alice Asteroid and Zyler like this.
  11. Jebidiah

Jebidiah Active Member

Don't forget to get your very own Telamonic Seance Box (radio)! This device not only tells the time, but it will be telling us about the event and more to come! Now for sale at the Post Office... Example available at the Post Office in Stormhold.
    Alice Asteroid likes this.
  12. Shadow

Shadow Member

And there it was the deep blue abyss, the waves crashed on the wooden beams with a loud crack, shaking the boat. The wood of the beams began to swell with every crashing of the waves and then release themselves letting out a creek, the ship cut through the waves with endless swiftness, the sails pulled and gave to after every gust of wind correcting themselves in to the right heading of its crew. Then over the sounds of the creeks, the cracks, and the whirls of the gust of wind came the deep melodies which seemed to call out to would be travellers, "come closer" it seemed to say until their prey was in close enough range to strike!
    Alice Asteroid likes this.
  13. Shadow

Shadow Member

The sea bound monsters traveled the sea uncontested, rumors of their voyage began to circulate across the Telamonic box. "Excellent" the evil witch thought to herself, "I've already dominated the sea through the use of fear! When the time is right the next wave will appear to dominate the land and further drive these Sosarians in to their homes where I can burn them down!"

Such silly mortals, don't they know the amount of magic it takes to summon such creatures... The things they possess...
  14. Shadow

Shadow Member

Eeek my first wave has been dispatched! ... No matter I shall raise a new force, stronger and more powerful. Perhaps even a secret or two shall begin lurking in the North.
  15. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

After hearing the scouting reports on my Telamonic box, we disposed of the final wave of sirens that appeared near Minoc. One of the siren ghosts took over our ship and made it to shore. I fear this plague is growing...

[​IMG]
  16. Shadow

Shadow Member

For every siren killed my young shall grow in strength, the next wave will not be so easy!