About New Skills, New Contents etc.

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Bran, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Bran

Bran New Member

Hello,

My question may seem stupid but i am going to ask it anyway :)

I started playing uo around 2003-2004 in RunUO servers(Hybrid-Demise) and played the game for 2 years then I quit don't know why :)
    I don't have much knowledge about the expansions but I know certain shards run different versions of UO especially I know why they use older versions (AoS disaster).
    Even tough AoS broke the game in every possible way it added quite a good content to UO.
    My question is is it possible to take contents from AoS and apply them to this server.
    Let's say skills for example ninjitu necromancy etc or some mounts.
    Of course after making them more balanced. I know this is a renaissance shard and i love the way it is now but just wondering because i love diversity in in-game content.
    I just wanted to know what you guys and gals thinking about it. Thanks for your time :)
    newme likes this.
  2. RevySabre

RevySabre Member

If anyone could implement that stuff fairly, this staff could. Problem is, 75% of the player base is stuck in 1997 and cant be dragged (kicking and screaming or not) into the future. =P Still love you guys tho... I'd love some new places to run around.
    newme likes this.
  3. Bran

Bran New Member

Yeah i think they are capable of doing it. Anyways it was just a tought the shard is pretty good and balanced the way it is.

I think the best player killers are in this shard they are really helpful if you are a new player and this is a very good thing for a shard to have.

Thank you for your answer :)
  4. 1-1=0

1-1=0 Active Member

good stuff, like Trammel?

I ask that your suggestions be highly specific.

Also, I highly oppose the new skills that were added later as they were largely duplicative and unnecessary, when their effects could easily have been rolled into the existing skills.
    newme likes this.
  5. Bran

Bran New Member

No definitely not trammel I was just talking about classes and maybe some different mounts etc.

Not actually game changing things.

And of course not talking about power scrolls either I hate it.

You may be right about the skills but seeing new classes and some different spells would be good.

You can say "go play on another server if you want those things" and you are right i can do that but i am talking about this shard and I believe the team behind it can make it more balanced and apply some of the good features if not all from those expansions here. And also I'm not saying it would be really good it was just a question about this is doable or not. Just wandering you see :)
  6. 1-1=0

1-1=0 Active Member

I only ask that you be specific. "apply some of the good features if not all from those expansions here" is not specific.
    If you think a feature would be a good addition to the era ("(T2A) History Perfected") could then specify, and we can argue about its pros and cons.
  7. Bran

Bran New Member

I think I was clear on that. Then let me repeat my self again.

Skills from expansions like ninjitsu bushido necromancy etc. For example some of it or all of it can be added after balancing or not.

Mounts from expansions like wolfs bugs etc I don't really remember their names.

I have said I don't really know the affects of later expansions I just know and saw they broke the balance of the game.

And I don't need to be that specific either you can add this list something you think is good. So answer my question accordingly please. :)

And I want to add something here. This is not an argument. I just want to know what other people thinks about this as I said in my first post.

I'm not saying let's do this right now or something. :)
  8. RevySabre

RevySabre Member

we arent a t2a shard.... that ones over there <------
    newme likes this.
  9. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Ninjitsu, Chivalry, Bushido, Necromancy are game changing things.

Your question is an honest one but, I think the gist of the generic answer would be...

This server is advertised to get the attention of a specific player base. Were this server to add ninjitsu or the like, I'd just have to come down there and slap someone with a salmon.
  10. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I think Chivalry and necromancy were the only good things to come out of the expansions. Chivalry could probably be balance and give warriors a skill that's just for them to replace Margery, but necromancy would change everything. There would be no more pure mages because necro mages would rule the land.

But as its already been stated. This server is setup for 1997-99 and adding those any any other skills would change everything. I think the staff has done an amazing job adding content for fishing and treasure hunting that gives player something new to enjoy while keeping thing the same and balanced.
    newme and One like this.
  11. Bran

Bran New Member

Yeah I guess you guys are right.
    I also read more about the necro mages and seems like it is overpowered it affects so many things in the game.
    But I don't know about chivalry I've never played with that skill so I can't really say anything.
    In a second tought I think even if they balance those spells or skills whatever there are risks involved.
    They might not be a small changes as I were thinking before.
    Thanks for the answers everyone :)
  12. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    newme likes this.
  13. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Oh lord, beetle mounts... I'd probably have to quit.
    wylwrk and Ragar like this.
  14. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Thanks for the thread, an interesting one.

I don't think customized housing will ever be a part of this server. Discussions on this have been held in several post. From what I recall, customized houses (whatever coding is done to make them) as it stands now is glitchy. Also, many don't realize it,but customized homes causes lot of server and player lag. The why of this would have to be explained by someone more tech than I.

Personally I would love to see more quests. Simple ones where fighting hard monsters not the goal. Perhaps the puzzle type, where one clue leads to another until final destination and the prize. The prize wouldn't have to be a super rare, perhaps a colored scroll stating Player Name has completed etc. Perhaps limited to one time per quest per account. That way the server wouldn't be flooded with scrolls lol

Again thanks for the thread.

Marjo Governess of Wispfelt

Westra on irc
    wylwrk, Ragar and One like this.
  15. Eladrin

Eladrin Member

I played in a server where some of the AoS and ML items and few sideskills were merged into Renaissance era mechanics as far as pvp, and pve. Combat system was pretty much the same, we didn't have Trammel or other new areas. But because of Roleplayers, admin also included Heartwood, elves as a playable race,and brought some of the items from ML and Samurai Empire as well as other mounts into the game. It did nothing other than adding more flavor to the system we prefer (renaissance mechanics).

I wish we had more crafting items, mounts, decoration items for different types of houses, set of side skills like gardening, glassblowing etc which would have no impact on pvp and kind of make things more interesting for those who enjoy them or for those who never experienced any of these nice things.
    One likes this.
  16. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Sounds fun, but it'll never happen. There are tantrums when a monster is removed or added from certain areas, let alone an expansion worth of new stuff.