AFK Murderers - do you give them cheap counts?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by r3ckon3r, Feb 14, 2019.

Do you report AFK 'murderers'?

1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  1. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

That is strange... PK won't take your stuff? Do they do that in pvp?
  2. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    Willy and Steady Mobbin like this.
  3. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

But... people complain about pvp here. So you would think there would be no looting, or at least minimal looting like regs/pots I mean, if I am geared up to pvp, I can pvp 100% of the time if I can retrieve my gear. I don't see pvp as a form of farming, I don't pvp to get better gear, I already go out in the best gear I can to enjoy some field combat. I do understand when they would do it during faction battles, because you are trying to prevent sigils n shit from being stolen, then you loot them so they don't come back as easily. That just takes away from PVP that everyone hungers after however, people are so backwards lol. PKing can be considered a form of farming because your prey usually has magic items/regs/gold from farming monsters so looting should be expected.
  4. One

One Well-Known Member

5. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

1.5 x 999 gp is still low. Nobody is going to put 1 mill on the murderer.
  6. One

One Well-Known Member

7. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wouldn't PK the same people over and over, it's not good for business.
    r3ckon3r and One like this.
  8. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

Personally I prefer to give counts to PK's that earn it. But and I do realize this might be a revolutionary Idea, to increase the amount of PK hunters and make people feel that a bounty isn't just handing over their hard earned gold, How would people feel if bounties were IP locked? in other words a bounty cannot be collected by someone who plays on the same IP as the murderer. Although this won't stop guilds/friends collecting the bounty it would encourage the victims to place a bounty, knowing that the PK will now be hunted and promote PvP by giving PK hunters a reason to hunt.
    Just my two cents here guys and I would value your opinions.
  9. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  10. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member

AFK killing is hillarious and challenging, and hands down, WHO DID NOT TRY IT AT LEAST ONCE?!
    HOWEVER... logging on for only doing that, or griefing occlo bank macroers is pretty much a no go.

For everything outside occlo and maybe the bull pens: you propably deserved it, and you were aware of it beforehand.

And yes, i have strong opinions about it because this is a part that makes as awesome as it is.

OH, and always count!
    PaddyOBrien, wylwrk and Jill Stihl like this.
  11. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

Killing someone AFK on this server can be quite the challenge. Your assumptions are probably inaccurate in regards to the overwhelming majority of players that engage in such activity.

Myself, I don't do things like that unless that specific person has earned it...and think its been years since i've done so. I can't remember the last time someone got me, but if they did I would consider who it was and if they were just messing with me. If they were a truly rude individual and did it on a blue MAIN character, i'd probably count them.

Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

Why?

....because at the end of the day i'm the idiot in this scenario.

I'm the idiot that didn't protect myself.

I'm the idiot that didn't understand game mechanics and allowed it to happen.

I'm the idiot that thought that killing someone in a video game that allows it was worth getting spun up over and take the "moral high ground" of victim-hood.

I'm the idiot when I die AFK.

I'm responsible and own that.

Me. Not them.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    Ravn and Erza Scarlet like this.
  12. r3ckon3r

r3ckon3r Well-Known Member

I remember when I first started here, a guy killed me at elder gazers and then ressed me and took my gold and a few other items but left me recall regs and my runes. After, he said that the spot was mine and he'd leave me alone for a couple of hours.

This is the correct attitude imo, as I lost about 10k gold and some nice items from that session, but there is incentive for me to go back. Even then, a different pk could turn up so it's not like it's always going to be an easy ride.
  13. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

upload_2019-2-16_12-38-53.png
    Wulver and One like this.
  14. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

i have to admit back in the day i was the UniBomber. I would go stand on top of someone and click like 5-6 greater explosion pot and watch them fall over . However i guess i found afk killing to be pretty lame in my time but i don't ever give anyone counts or a reward on their head, especially if they are looting everything, that's what they want you to do. Now if someone is cool res's me and takes minimal stuff ill be cool at place 100g on their head to make them feel good. But normally i dont. AFK killings are lame imo..
  15. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  16. Pedigar

Pedigar Well-Known Member

Always count. Someone might be more reluctant to pk if they are in stat loss (the lightweights). However there might be some real man pk who runs around brazenly with 200+ short terms all balls to the wall.

Giving a bounty is like tipping your pk. If you had a great pk experience, always leave a tip!

On afk killing.... In town, make it count. Perhaps it's some douche you don't like and he's sitting there afk showing off his trammel. Smite him!

Maybe it's some joker sitting afk on a polar bear mount in the middle of February at a semi crowded bank. Always kill those guys. Do it for the polar bear.

Don't randomly kill townies... The counts wouldn't be worth it. Make the kill count, or don't do it.
    Pinky and Seba like this.
  17. The AFK Killer

The AFK Killer New Member

I have a character named the AFK killer that i use just for this purpose.

Killing AFK players is really only a small part of the fun. The fun part is when the area starts swarming with people looking to avenge their deaths. The Characters i use for this now are constantly in stat loss. The characters are weaker than well built characters, but it's not like specializations are needed when it comes to killing tamers or people hiding on their porches and running away.

If it makes you upset that people do this, it's supposed to. It's a nasty business, but someone's gotta do it.

AFKK
  18. Tiago

Tiago Well-Known Member

Who hurt you, friend? :(
  19. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

Can you set a macro on Razor to where if you go below 5 health or something you can auto apply a bandage hit a heal potion and maybe magic heal as well? lol or is that just those assists like steam and sallos that does that?
  20. One

One Well-Known Member

Pharoah likes this.