Allow for Permanent Hirelings as end game content for Dexxers?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Jupiter, Dec 6, 2014.

Would you support this as the end game solution for dexxers?

1. Yes, this sounds good

36 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. Yes, but I have some thoughts...

10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. No, this is wrong

30 vote(s)
    39.5%
  1. Del Mar

Del Mar Member

Jupiter, you are out of your mind and on top of it, for dexxers.

UO had mercenary npcs, including warriors. Some people even made whole armies of them in the servers. In the hundreds. Its part of UO before trammel and yes, they did level up. The more you paid them, the more time they would serve you. You could also feed them and arm them to bring up their loyalty and morale. Some people would just spend a few thousands to keep them going while logged off. Warriors and mages mercs. It was for everyone who had the money. In fact, they could even guard specific locations as in chests, weapons in a house and specific areas. Some people would contract a few them before they logged off to protect certain areas of a house. And also establish patrol routes. They could walk around the route you established and if someone made an ilegal action as try to open a chest, they would attack. Programmed "ifs".

Im just surprised by your logic. If you want this on the server, at least petition for it they way it was and should be and not the way you did, which is a total pillow talk with interests.

You can also just roll with a friend. Hit me up, I will adventure with you.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  2. Anarchy

Anarchy Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

There was some kind of "slayer shields" ideas around. I like that idea to improve dexxers.
    Also, why I quoted this here:
    I really feel the drop rate of slayers is too low somehow.
    Being back now on the server since 3 weeks or so - grinding a lot - made maybe about 400k gold by just killing "high end monsters" (lich lords).
    Good slayers? None :/ - mean, would have hoped at least for a force +some tactics "super/useful slayer" of any useful weapon.

Also never see reasonable slayers around in the forums or in shops - which would not be super expensive so they could be used in the field (instead of just in instances where they are save)
    One likes this.
  3. Imbol

Imbol Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I get a little sadder every time I see that.

Seeing someone playing two of those at the same time... eesh. :\
  4. Poogoblin

Poogoblin Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I think adding them to lvl 3+ tmaps would help fix this.

I mean at this point it appears unless you get an agapite+ Smith hammer (even then it's for factions or blessed event stuff) there is little to no use of a smith's wears
    Anarchy likes this.
  5. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member

Anything is better than the current situation, but I don't think this is the answer, even though I voted yes anyway, mainly because I just feel sorry for dexxers.
    But at the same time, you have to know that this suggestion will never be implemented. Nothing will ever change as far as pvp goes.
    This server has a great community, and Chris is really awesome, but pvp mechanics here, simply blows.
  6. Cheapsuit

Because after all, who are we really fooling here? This suggestion may be titled and linked to pvm, but we all know the true motivation here.
  7. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

3 bonded slots should never exist in a UOR shard. History perfected... yeah right.

As far as OP:

Maybe adding tinkered-made Golems is something that could bring warriors up to par with tamer builds, in PVM. These guys did little to nothing in a PVP aspect of the game.

Gives warriors something to tank with other than the current options that are out there. They had a high health pool and we're poison resistant, allowing them to take on deadly creatures, especially if you had Tinkering to heal them.

http://www.uoguide.com/Ilshenar
    http://www.uoguide.com/Golem#Tinkered
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    One and Poogoblin like this.
  8. Poogoblin

Poogoblin Active Member

Nice idea, we have fort powder so why not? The wandering healers have been the real heroes for my dexxer this event
  9. Cheapsuit

Can someone tell me where the events are? I'm so lost, I never win anything is why I rarely participate. I just can't get right becuz I stay in my feelings over warriors being so pathetic. So I am gonna attempt to adapt, and move forward.
  10. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

The event is just killing "holiday-related" spawn. Like elves, reindeer, and named elementals (snow vortex, etc). They have a small chance to drop the Christmas Scrolls and some have statues. They items sell for around 300-500k a piece.

It seems nearly over though.