An employment opportunity for newish players

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by PaddyOBrien, Apr 14, 2018.

1. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

The Mayor of Cove has an employment opportunity for newish players who are RP oriented (or enjoy putting on public events). Putting on events gives me anxiety, but that's just me... so perhaps there are people out there who are good at that type of thing and can help me revive Rat Roulette and make some easy money while giving the people of UOR a fun event to attend. Send me a message with your "UO Resume" and times you could put on hour long events here and there! Preferably newer players who are interested in putting on events and making money that doesn't involve farming, but if you're a vet and interested too, let me know!
  2. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

I might take u up on this. Just need to figure out whether I can commit to it timing wise.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  3. PaddyOBrien

Excellent! Even a semi regular schedule here and there would be awesome .
  4. PaddyOBrien

To clarify my original post a tad,

If you are the type of player who can run events an hour or so, the opportunity for a newer player to make good money without farming is there. When I would run Rat Roulette events, I'd take 5k bets on a color, and usually had at least 3 or 4 players, sometimes 5. Current rules would keep 1 bet for the house and the rest of the bets go into "the pot" (secured bag). Each round is one rat released in the center tile, a macro timer is set and the rat allowed to run around for 15 seconds. a 5 second timer then gets sounded off, then I cast explosion on the rat, and the tile it's body dies on is the color that wins. Each round can only have 1 winner or none, and doesn't really take long to set up, especially now that I've streamlined the color picking process so players will sit at a table with their respective color and can decide amongst themselves who gets what color.

To put it in a non-confusing way: take bets, keep one bet per round for the house (or dealer), give out winnings from pot to winner or until someone wins, replace rat, repeat. At a standard 5k per round bet, and rat roulette rounds being pretty quick, a person could make 60k if they did a round every 5 minutes for an hour. (12 rounds)

I'll also put a way for people to leave tips for the dealer so it will be worth their time spent :cool:
    Althorn likes this.
  5. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

Sooooo I just brought this up with my 7 month pregnant wife over breakfast. If she wasn’t hampered by her huge belly I would probably be going OOoooOoOoOoooooooOOoOOoOOOO waiting to go blue and get a res at the healers. As it is I am gray and hiding in a closet waiting for her stop agroing me...
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  6. PaddyOBrien

I'm also tempted to open up another tavern now that I'll have time coming up, but only if I can get other people to run some hours there, with a way for that player to receive tips. Let me know if anyone is interested
  7. kendro

kendro Member

Message me I'm up for doing something like this.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  8. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I love Rat Roulette!
    PaddyOBrien likes this.