Ancient MIB/SOS - Ironman Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Chris, May 16, 2013.

1. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Congrats! I'm working toward that myself. What template did you use for it? Trying to find out if anyone has done all 4 yet on a legit fisherman, and if not, I'm trying to be the first.
    ReZon and Huzke like this.
  2. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I went the Stealth route and wasted 200 skill points on Cartography and Remove Trap. Depends really on what kind of fisherman you have though. If you have a rogue/stealth fisher, I think it's definitely feasible. If you have more of a melee fisher, with no barding skill, I think you're in for a tough time. A mage/fisher might be feasible, though you'd have to concentrate all of your firepower on the specific two enemies that have keys to the treasure chests. I don't think you can take down every single enemy as a mage, within the alotted time.
  3. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

The character I use right now for them is 7x archery, tactics, anat, heal, resist, fishing, and item id. I use a +25 vanq bow, tele scrolls on the chests, and the red and blue are fairly easy, typically 10-15 mins to spare or so. I would classify both the red and blue in the "farmable" category. The biggest problem I have is with the Quartermasters. They can nuke you with some hard combos and their healing is irritating. Only death I have taken on an ironman run thus far has been from a Quartermaster. I usually just lead them off and ignore them.

For the purple and green I also carry a +25 silver vanq bow. I am just waiting until I get a purple again to make my run at it, though the first try I might take the silver power bow instead of risking the vanq just in case. I sure would feel better doing those with a repond bow and I am desperate to find one to round out my AMIB arsenal.
  4. Dalavar

Ah cool, yeah I suppose Repond/Silver would definitely help.

Purple has a TON of ghosts that spawn, in fairly tight quarters. That one may be harder than green - it certainly is for a tamer at least.
  5. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

I know that the cave is a bit hairy but that silver vanq pops em for up to 90 and they drop pretty quickly. You also have the ability to zone out and heal up if you get into trouble. I actually feel better about engaging the undead variants than I do about their live cousins. Especially the purple. Right out front there is little room to move and several sailors/boatswain, the digger, a quartermaster, and a navigator to deal with. It would be easier to get through this jam if I could kill them faster. Its not impossible though so I am going to try it.
  6. Darkradiance

Darkradiance Member

I did it the easy way by using a stealth lockpicker. Wrestling, med, magery, lockpicking, detect hidden(not gm lockpicking yet), hiding, stealth. Didn't kill anything on the way to the tchests and just picked/tele the chest. Then a quick invis to be able to hide after being agro on. Only amib I was in trouble time wise was the purple which was the first one I did. Was revealed a few times by walking over the invis ghosts and quickly died. Having to res and stealth back to my body was a slow process. After that I just used a piece of plate ar to drop my dex before stealthing to prevent walking over something.
    eherruh, Huzke, ReZon and 2 others like this.
  7. Dalavar

Friggin' brilliant. Did not know that worked. I died about 6 times on my stealth run at this one, all trying to get to that first chest.
    StarTrakZack and Huzke like this.
  8. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

I plan to go in with all bows blazing....yeah, that expression really don't work well with a bow....oh well. I will get through those other 2. The ghosts die in like 2 or 3 hits so they aren't a big worry. As long as I have room to dance, I'll get em down.
  9. Chongon

Chongon New Member

I'm currently making my stealther lockpicker for these. My question is: Do I need the remove traps skill, or will tele'ing the chest suffice?
  10. Dalavar

Telekinesis work.
  11. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

It's not faux pas to necro a guide, is it? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I want to ironman this on a rogue type. I wonder...

• Anyone peg what stealing if any is needed to snag the keys off the bosses? I'd like to do this on my non-LP-having "rogue" as well as my carto toon
    • How exactly are you looting the chest with the boss/other mobs in plain sight of you? Run them off/invis? Frantic grab and invis? Throw the gold on the floor and run?
    • Is the platinum coin found on bosses in their main pack and stealable?
  12. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

bump

Anyone know?
  13. Preyas

Preyas Active Member

• 1 Anyone peg what stealing if any is needed to snag the keys off the bosses? I'd like to do this on my non-LP-having "rogue" as well as my carto toon
    • 2 How exactly are you looting the chest with the boss/other mobs in plain sight of you? Run them off/invis? Frantic grab and invis? Throw the gold on the floor and run?
    • 3 Is the platinum coin found on bosses in their main pack and stealable
    1 - I ran in with GM stealing
    2 - Run off and invis
    3 - No, plat drops in your pack after you kill them so you'll be missing out on 2 plat per AMIB.
  14. Darkradiance

Darkradiance Member

I recently went on the hardcore hunt with my rogue char that we did a lvl7 tmap on and was able to get the keys off the bosses with around 70 stealing. It just takes a few attempts as its random between the key/gold and other items on the bosses. You will also miss out on any special drops/rares on the bosses as they spawn on the corpse on death.
  15. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Well in that case...

> WTB custom content for rogues PST

Thanks for the info you two. It saved me a waste o' time :)
  16. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

17. Twister

Twister Well-Known Member

Should I page in-game to get an eagle trophy for ironmaning all 4 AMIBs?
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  18. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

yes @Twister once they are online they will hook you up!
    Twister likes this.
  19. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

Congrats & welcome to the club.
    Twister likes this.
  20. Ben S.

Ben S. Active Member

I see that we are awarded a statue each time a scroll is completed. Do we only get 1 big 10 plat statue per char? or Per account? or limitless for every time all four lvls completed?