animal lore timer

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by STAVROGIN, Sep 23, 2014.

1. STAVROGIN

STAVROGIN Well-Known Member

when u try to lore some random animal or monster but u misclick, like the animal moves and u mistakenly click the floor or rocks or some plant etc, the timer begins again. u have to wait another 10 seconds (or was it 8 seconds? whatever) to use the animal lore skill again. but for example for animal taming skill, when u try to tame a creature that cannot be tamed, it gives u the ability to tame another creature instantly, with no timer. i think animal lore skill should be like that too. no waiting when u misclick or try to lore a creature that is "far away" etc
  2. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

through provocation on that list too please!
    Vlar likes this.
  3. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Same happens with bard skills as well. It's a real pain when you miss click your target and have to run around waiting for the timer to expire. If I miss my target it's my own fault so I live with the timer. I think taming has to be an exception to the skill timer regarding failures, it has to be the way it is with all of the failed attempts. After you succeed in your taming attempt but fail to tame the creature, the timer has already run out usually. Shorter missed target barding skills timer reset would be nice...
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yeah, you'd pretty much never tame a dragon if it were a 10s wait for skill use on fail. I wouldn't mind seeing the 10s wait after mis-target get removed but it's kind of the fun of it when you're trying to find good tames. ;)

As for barding, Provo has a 5s wait on unsuccessful attempt, 10s wait on mis-target, 10s wait on successful provocation.
    Discordance has a 10s wait on unsuccessful attempt, 10s wait on success and I think a 10s wait on mis-target but I generally target by type. If the target can't be discorded I think you can retry immediately for whatever reason (like a player).
  5. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

Escaping out of the target creates a delay, too. Not sure if that's accurate or not, but it's annoying.