Animal Taming Skilling bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Anarchy, May 29, 2014.

1. Anarchy

Anarchy Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I macrot on a boat for hours on a low skill of shown 55.8 and real 45.9

I think there exists a bug so you can try to tame an animal where you have a 0% success chance.
    With 0% success chance there also seems a 0% skill gain chance.

I pulled some once tamed snow leopoards (minimum skill 53,1) and started the taming macro.
    I think the minimum skill on once tamed snow leopards should be above 55,8! I ran the macro on hours while i fel asleep.
    I was not able to tame any of the 3 once tamed snow leopards on all the time.
    And i gained ZERO skill :(
  2. Tay M'real

Tay M'real Active Member

Sounds like it's working to me - if you have zero percent chance to tame you should get zero skill gain. I believe it's based on your real skill, not your shown skill....
  3. Anarchy

Anarchy Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

You shouldnot be able to "try to tame" an animal with 0 % skill chance. But the taming context definitivly came and the "you fail to tame the creature" message.
    THIS is the bug i think.
    I believed i could gain because i was able to try. After hours on low skill level it was clear there will never come a gain ;)
    Actually following a non ever tamed snow leopard for 10minutes i see 0.7% skill
  4. Descartes

Descartes Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

This is caused by people taming and then releasing, thus bumping up the minimum taming requirement by +6.0. It still allows you to attempt to tame, even if you're under the minimum base skill (with 0% chance of taming). I believe this is known by the administration, and is on the fix list.
    Falx and Tay M'real like this.
  5. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

In the meantime, run around and commit some snow leopard genocide before you start your taming macro.