Anti Afk Gather/Sell System

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Fabio

Fabio New Member

This is what happened to me.

More, to leave the Jail you can't be Young. So i left Young and now i cant rejoin. I had few hours left. Thats unfair.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  2. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

You have 2 mins to respond. If you aren't afk that's plenty of time.

I'm sure I see more of these than anyone with all the fishing I do, so I've gotten really good at them!
    You're first offense only sends you to jail for a few mins. the more times you get caught the longer you have to stay. It will tell you what time you're allowed to leave jail. It's mostly automated.
  3. Fabio

Fabio New Member

Ok. I made a mistake with the macro switch, i started the mining macro while I was with another character, then I forgot the macro On, but the miner was just mining an empty spot for 5 minutes or so. I checked him a bit worried because 5 minutes is enough time...and he was jailed. Ok.

I did not gathered reasources without taking care of the weight and all the organization that comes with the ores and the distance from the Forge.
    Also I had ores around, strategically placed, to carry them back at the right time on my route. Unfortunately, the check system (that I like), made a classic robot mistake.

My macro does not make char to move or smelt or nothing else, just mine the actual spot. I switch between the tamer, the crafter and the talker. This is not AFK obviusly, but can you call it Unattended?
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  4. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

If it just happened you can usually page a gm and get released and the mark removed from your account. A good practice is to always make sure your any mining/lumber jacking/fishing macros are stopped before leaving the computer or switching to a different character. It's a small price to pay to keep bots from ruining our economy.
    Orion GM BD and Fabio like this.
  5. SexMachine

SexMachine Member

Have you seen them?
  6. Fabio

Fabio New Member

Yes most of the time. I've got the lesson.
  7. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

One thing I can't understand is I get this gump like once per 3 hours of chopping trees...but mining, I get it seems 10-15 mins constantly.
  8. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Mining macros are more common than lj macros....or luck
    One likes this.
  9. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Every time you perform an action that will bring the gump (like each swing of an axe, each cast of a fishing pole, etc) you have a certain chance to get the gump. Mining goes faster than LJ, so you "roll the dice" more. Plus, like @Pirul said, RNG might just like you more when you mine.
  10. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Active Member

Id like to apologize to the server - I had no intention of GM'ing fishing, but life distracted me and I got a prison sentence. Ill be more careful next time!
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  11. Boreder

Boreder Well-Known Member

Really? I literally went to piss real quick, and when I got back I saw the transport to jail.
  12. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member

It could have been a lot worse. You could have been in there with a 250lb guy named Tyrone and his pina colada!
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Nimrod, Soear and Boreder like this.
  13. Bana

Bana New Member

Hey I simply was clicking the space where the box came up instantly, I was not afk.
  14. compsays

compsays Active Member

That was my "first offence" too. As others have said in the thread, you can possibly page a GM and explain, they might take it off your record for you. If not, it's not that big a deal, really unless you plan on doing lots of risky afk resource gathering further down the line.
  15. Intoxable

Intoxable Well-Known Member

This system is well designed, it may backfire sometimes but Chris and his crew are very understanding about it, just explain yourself. They can read logs.
  16. Poogoblin

Poogoblin Active Member

you should probably get your prostate checked.....a >2 minute pee is not what I'd consider quick
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  17. Skydancer

Skydancer Active Member

Just wanted to say that I've been strip mining Britain the old fashion way, and with some pretty simple macros, for two months now on a dual monitor setup with three miners, and have had zero issues with this system.

The only thing I would suggest changing is that for first time offenders, have the gump do nothing but mark a warning and trigger another standard gump. Then, if the second gump is subsequently failed, have the system respond with a standard first-time offense jail sentence. However, if the player passes the second gump succeessfully, have the system remove the warning and let the player go.
    compsays likes this.
  18. HappySnail

HappySnail New Member

Greetings. I do not know English and use an interpreter. I extracted ore, a message appeared, a selection of bottles of different, thought present, chose, got to prison. long time for that. understood. Please consider my mistake of choice.
    .:. and Leopold like this.
  19. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

You thought it was a present?

Homie thats cute A/F.

I'm sorry this happened to you though, the idea is that you select the item that isn't like the others to prove that you're at your keyboard.

Stay safe out there my guy!
    Leopold likes this.
  20. HappySnail

HappySnail New Member

Now I already understand, thank you!