Any chance trammel can close after events?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by snap dragon, Jun 7, 2017.

1. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Remember when I killed the dank nugget in destard and I was chased by quite a few of you around the map I had finally a chance to recall to home to find you all waiting for me at my door steps. I got away again I think. Your group made the game so much fun miss y'all.
    Jean-Pierre, Xegugg and One like this.
  2. Majinko

Majinko Active Member

Gee, I wonder what jackass lured a dragon over there so my character wouldn't log out and I'd have to go thru my list of toons to figure it out. I wonder who in that bunch of 'roleplayers' would a) know the game mechanics, b) use them how they weren't intended against someone, and c) claim it's just (insert random asinine thing).
    But while we're lobbing rule at folks (well, you just lobbing another accusation vs me having actual proof of you doing illegal things)
    It's against IRC rules to maliciously lie on someone and I'm pretty sure your guild tag of "IRC: majinkO" for one of your characters isn't allowed either. Snap's a liar what a shock..JPG

Stop tagging me in your forum posts, liar.
  3. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Even without the dragon you character does not log off while you are in trammel room just so you know
  4. Majinko

Majinko Active Member

I did not know this. Would explain how "someone" managed to get a dragon to me after my laptop went to sleep.
  5. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

I'd like to see everyone get their heads lopped off by a guillotine when they don't leave Trammel Events after a certain amount of time.
    You'd weep and beg for your life pitiful wizard!!! :p
    Jupiter likes this.
  6. Majinko

Majinko Active Member

Also check out the irony that is of all people to complain about questionably using a game mechanic that isn't expressly forbidden outside of it's design or intended use to their advantage in a way that lessens the enjoyment of others, it's @snap liar.

It does not get better than this folks.

*guffaws heartily*
  7. Majinko

Majinko Active Member

That actually would be hilarious.
  8. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

You know very well what you were doing, there was a llama aggrod to you as well, which I am sure went wild nearby and somehow aggrod you right... fortunately I lured everything away.

[​IMG]

I don't see any irony here, as far as I am aware I follow all rules. So please keep it civil. I simply wanted to talk about the event area and how it effects gameplay, as many people besides myself have a problem with it.
    EndlessMike and Random like this.
  9. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Honestly this room should be disabled forever. There should be no safe space in UO.
    One, The Crooked Warden, Mes and 2 others like this.
  10. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

The event area, if it exists at all, should serve only to stage an event and then promptly be closed.

Any other qualms, disputes, or perceived slights on other topics are irrelevant and unironic to this specific area.

The masses love CTF. Like the Romans loved their colosseum, it is an appropriate feature to keep on this shard, but the gates should be shut to allow folks to tend to those weightier matters. There are adventures to be had if you will just stop looking for an excuse to justify staying in doors!
    One and scuba like this.
  11. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

I am against CTF also, if people want fights go look for them around the world. Stop fighting in safe places where you play with no risk. Just my 2 cents
    Mes and Jupiter like this.
  12. Random

Random Well-Known Member

CTF on a felucca ruleset would be great for us players not able to play on server prime time. Scheduled or even automated start once enough player are registered and you can practice field pvp. Unless you want to get on your knees and plead for the one or two pvp groups to let you in, you will never have any field practice on here.

Make it GM weapons only and allow looting if the no-risk bother you, would still be in there all the time.
  13. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Back on Topic, I am sure Chris agrees that closing the event gates is good.
    The remedy (for now) has been supplied on page 1, let's follow mgmt 101 and apply that for awhile and anticipate positive results.
  14. Random

Random Well-Known Member

This have been reported countless times over the last 2 years and yet nothing have changed.
    Let's hope this one hit the target.
    EndlessMike likes this.
  15. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

The remedy (for now) has been supplied on page 1, let's follow mgmt 101 and apply that for awhile and anticipate positive results.
  16. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Codus likes this.
  17. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

Skill gain (player and pet) should be completely disabled in Trammel
    Jean-Pierre, Fullmetal, widow and 2 others like this.
  18. widow

widow Member

Why do we need a trammel area for events in the first place? Making that event region fel/Moving it to fel might be a solution.
    Mes likes this.
  19. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    widow likes this.
  20. widow

widow Member

I see... Well based on what I'm reading in this thread it would appear the problem we're facing is:
    "The rule to not abuse this trammel region is unenforceable."

We could just get rid of that rule, let everyone train in that area rather than just those who know that rule will not be enforced. This seems like the least labor intensive solution.

If people are willing to make code changes I really like this suggestion:
    One likes this.