Anyone else getting jailed for nonsense?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Pork Fried Rice, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Pax Romain

Pax Romain Well-Known Member

That's right, no third party needed. So the client macro is this:
    Cast Spell > Energy Bolt (or whatever)
    War/Peace

You've been able to do this almost forever with just the client.
    Mindless likes this.
  2. Genocide

Genocide Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Chris has always been good at harassing PK's whenever given the chance. I've found that he will find a reason to pull you if you go on a good killing spree and enough PvE players complain. This by far my biggest complaint when it comes to this server. However I never speak ill of it outside of these forums and encourage people to come here and play. Even when I'm not actively playing.
    Pork Fried Rice likes this.
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

What's the benefit of that?
  4. Pax Romain

Pax Romain Well-Known Member

Targeting an offensive spell on a player will put you into warmode with him, and if he were to run right next to you, your character would automatically punch. What this particular hotkey setup does is make sure you go out of war mode when you're casting a spell. So you drop one spell on an opponent, you get put into warmode with him, you quickly begin casting another spell and become "tabbed out." Now if he were to brush up alongside you, no punch is wasted. The usefulness is that you can "save" your punches and use them more strategically with an AttackLastCombatant hotkey. That might mean not wasting a stun punch, or it might mean timing your punch to disrupt your opponent's spell for offensive or defensive purposes. Being able to control your swing timer is more critical on certain precast shards, but it's still relevant here. This is just one way to do it.

And for someone like me who holds his spell hotkeys down, there's quite a lot of tabbing going on. As Roman pointed out, the jogging animation obscures the casting animation.
  5. Sarian

Sarian Member

[​IMG]
    Nymeros, Basoosh, Kane and 5 others like this.
  6. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

LOL yes he does

friggin' show off ;D