Anyone have tips for GMing resist??

Discussion in 'Guides' started by FrostedOatNut, Jun 20, 2016.

1. FrostedOatNut

FrostedOatNut New Member

I am bout to start workin my resist and wanted to know if anyone had any advice to make it quick as possible?
    Thanks!
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

...as quick as possible.

Saw your last post so I am going to assume you're not in for an immersive training experience.
    That said, you can't beat a "resist event". Do a word search on these forums for "resist event".

If you can't wait for the next resist event... I found the following information on our renaissance webpage by doing a search for "resisting spells".

http://www.uorenaissance.com/info/Resisting_Spells

Resisting Spells grants a passive chance to reduce or prevent the damage of offensive spells cast on your character.
    Raising Resisting Spells: Resisting Spells is a passive skill that is checked with harmful spells are cast on your character. Repeatedly casting spells on your character or having monsters or other players cast spells on your character will increase Resist. Resisting Spells is a difficulty based skill - progressively higher level spells must be cast to gain to higher levels.
    Gideon's Advice: Resist is one of the more difficult skills to raise and is virtually impossible to increase to GM naturally. Here is the technique I use: 0-30 NPC Train
    30-55 shown Firefield
    55-62.8 shown Lightning (I have gotten stuck here but you can supposedly go to 65)
    65-85 Energy Bolt
    85-GM Flamestrike
    Strategies:
    - The firefield portion can be very fast if you create a corral using tables in a house so your character can only move 3 tiles. Put your healer adjacent to the middle tile and have him heal every 6 seconds using razor. You can run back and forth very quickly and hit 55 with less than 30 casts of firefield (somebody can check this for me but I think it's right).
    - The second portion (Lightning, Energy Bolt, Flamestrike) can be worked while you GM Magery but you will probably fall short (usually 93-95 Resist at GM Magery). You can have another character that doesn't need resist (I use crafters getting to 75) to help along at the lower levels so the Flamestrike portion at the end doesn't take so long.

3. FrostedOatNut

FrostedOatNut New Member

I'm pretty new to Renaissance, what is a resist event??
    I've only been on here about a month..
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

resources and players are gathered in a large home set up for gaining resist.

several casters use meteor strike in a home on players thus raising resist... a well administered resist event can GM a player overnight.
  5. FrostedOatNut

FrostedOatNut New Member

Sweet! How would I find out when that would be?