Archery and the lack of a Special Attack

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Blaise, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Cordelia Black

Cordelia Black Well-Known Member

Far less complicated than i make it sound, all you need is one or more fishermen and a boat. And music. :) Whichever kind you prefer that puts you in that "Lean back in a chair and smile" kind of mood. :) And any questions regarding it im happy to answer we also have resident fishing god @Zyler who has given out about 100 million gold (More than all other competitions ingame combined i think?) To hundreds of fishermen many of them first time ever trying their hand at it,and got a good catch. He can sell you on fishing way better than me my friend. :)
    Hawkeye and Kishember like this.
  2. Minax

Minax Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Please give archery an update with some love! Perhaps the heavy Xbow dismount, crossbow dbl shoot, or moving shot reg bow. Combine with another skill to give swing speed increase, hit chance increase, something anything! Also bowcraft fetching bods so we can also make runic bows like all other weapons in the game!
    Hollywood, Jill Stihl, Xegugg and 2 others like this.
  3. Hersin

Hersin Member

[​IMG]
  4. David Scraggs

David Scraggs Well-Known Member

What shard was this? I'm moving lol
    Mr. Green likes this.
  5. David Scraggs

I've said it so many times and I'll say it again...this shard favors tamers a LOT. That whole period correct thing is bs. I guess I'm angry because we I personally have been playing here for almost three years and I've saw countless threads on archery. We get nothing. Tamers, let's make sure they have a custom quest that's in trammel land to make sure they can get enough bonding slots so they don't lose their precious dragons. Don't start that stat loss bs either. That's a joke. I have a tamer and hate playing. I'm surprised archers even get to start threads as much as they're hated here. As always these requests and great ideas fall on deaf ears.
  6. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

one that no longer exists lol BUT I wish we had poisoned arrows here!
    David Scraggs likes this.
  7. David Scraggs

I wish we could get something done for archery. Its not going to happen though. Tamers are the teachers pet.
  8. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Yeah I certainly wouldn't hold my breath on it happening :/
  9. Minax

Minax Well-Known Member

Just don't understand how the developers can put through all these added "non era accurate" quests and extra things In This shard, but not make it an even playing field. You can roll around with 4 nightmares and practically insta kill someone at the drop of a command, but can't give archery it's much needed attention. You can insta stun with a mage or para stun attack with fencing. But can't even figure out how to make archery an enjoyable skill here. You can make valorite runic weapons that are wicked over powered but nothing for bow craft fletching? I mean come on. smfh
  10. David Scraggs

It's bullshit man. In not trying to be ungrateful for The free shard but I wouldn't want to pay for a shard that ignores so many threads and neglect so many people who want to run archers but are deterred because it flat out sucks here. Finding a decent bow will cost a damn fortune and then you can't actually use it because you don't want to lose your 500k bow actually using it in a dungeon...save it for that era correct CTF or PvP tournament. The worst part is you know Chris and others in control read these and completely ignore us. Oh and the runic thing...I made a lj and a fletcher because there was rumor years ago about runic fletching kits....hahahahahhaha what an idiot I was. I believed it. Truth be told I hardly play anymore here. Just buy property and hope there are changes but there won't be
    FreeHugger and Mr. Green like this.
  11. Minax

Minax Well-Known Member

I hear you I'm def not ungrateful, really enjoy playing here, just wish my bow would actually hit more than 4 out of 12 times. Like honestly I would pref if bows hit more often than they do now and not add a special. If they actually had a higher hit chance in stead if going through 20 arrows and hitting on maybe 5-6 if your lucky, that would be better. Maybe make it so parry helps to aid in archery defense so parry is actually a skill worthy using.MAKE ARCHERY AND PARRY USEFUL!!!
    David Scraggs likes this.
  12. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

It has to do with distance. Ironically, a bow is better used as a close-range weapon here and will basically miss anything over 7 tiles away or so.
  13. Minax

Minax Well-Known Member

Damn ! Good to know Thx
  14. David Scraggs

To my knowledge with the exception of the orcish bow max distance is 9 tiles on bows. He has a point though. A GM Archer should hit 15/20 times at max distance. I'm good with the damage. Just can't hit and the speed is damn terrible. You're using a heavy x bow and pvp a fencer..they paralyze you and hit you 65 times before you even try to fire again...which will miss again even though you're GM. There is no reason Archery should be this bad given all the special stuff Tamers get. Hell they have their own quest to get even MORE bonding spots! A near perfect dragon costs what 500k or so. Train it to GM and it's worth 1mil? Then you can bond it for 50k and NEVER lose it. Sure you may have to retrain it but get real. 1 mil axes are out there 500k weapons are quite common yet a dexxer or archer risks losing 500k-1mil just for using your uber weapon. It's bullshit and no one can make a valid argument about it. Always results "period correct" or "then play a tamer".
  15. David Scraggs

16. Minax

Minax Well-Known Member

How can we as a group go about possibly asking our GM OR THE SHARD DEVELOPERS to put some thought and time into this? I'm sure if the majority of the people that play here can come up with a reasonable approach to making playing here even more enjoyable. Don't u think they would try to put something in affect on test? or any feed back from them for that matter? I just want to have even more fun playing here, making pvp a little bit more diverse having more template options. Anyone agree?
  17. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

I've got it. Flame tip arrows. You have a 25% chance to hit your opponent with a flame tipped arrow, which upon contact, will instantly apply a flamestrike to your target.
    Blaise likes this.
  18. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

If @Chris can make moats, then why not do something equally crazy like for an archery special.

(sorry if someone came up with this before hand. I don't mean to step on your shoes)

Take meteor swarm and alter its animation to be arrows instead of fireballs.
    Adjust the damage so that its not split damage but regular archery hit damage,
    and limit the hits so that it's 3 arrows to 3 grouped up targets. Have the special consume 3 arrows when used as well.
    Call it 'fist of arrows' or 'spread shot'

p.s. this is a active special move (uses stamina) not a passive one
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Minax likes this.
  19. Minax

Minax Well-Known Member

That would be dope! I like the idea spot on. There's a few different things that can obv be done just don't know if it will. This post has been up since 2012, so don't hold your breath. Doesn't seem as if the gms want to make it more fun To play here. I hope I'm wrong and they do care and want to make things more diverse and challenging here.
  20. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

Meteor tip, Rambo arrows. Upon impact, target area explodes for 500 damage, leaving behind a burning inferno for 5 seconds dealing 100 dmg per second to all affected targets.
    Blaise likes this.