Archery and why it sucks here...

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by David Scraggs, May 31, 2017.

1. David Scraggs

David Scraggs Well-Known Member

I wasn't clear. The BS argument of "True to UO Renaissance Era gameplay". Thats always the argument guy s throw up here when people propose changes. He confirmed what I didn't know. Sorry about that. I should have been more clear.

Its always a chance with a PK isn't it? They always have the element of surprise on their side. Im not saying you'll be able to win every encounter but just have a chance. A full bard has no chance of winning a fight against a PK

Keep the conversation going. Archery needs this. I like the special moves ideas from OSI but Id be happy just to get some runics and SSI. The HXbow is my fav but its worthless here.
    One likes this.
  2. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Fair enough. @Pirul is a friend and I thought you were disrespecting him. You are right though. Era mechanics is the first thing people go for when talking about changes.

The point of this thread is archery. We should probably consolidate the Provo onto Players discussion to Pirul's thread. I'm all for changes to archery. I am a fisher and I would love to have some archer fishers to use sometimes instead of my mage fishers.

That being said, any changes we discuss will be put at the bottom of a looooooong list of improvements that @Chris is constantly working on.
    One likes this.
  3. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Archery is golden at Halloween, fyi. When you have a ton of players pressing together trying to melee a boss, its nice to have the ability to whip out a bow and shoot over them, rather than chugging pots or eating food to push through.
    Bayara, Lord Krake and One like this.
  4. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

Exploding arrows....hmmm.... I like the sound of that lol
  5. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

But I still move and shoot arrows and bolts. I seldom miss as well as with the equipment that I usae gives me above 100 Archery. But I am not sure about hoq aqurate I will be in ranged PVP really: I let my archers attack eachothers within melee range and heal and they did not missed many arrowsas I think the hitrate was aprox 70%. I did Scavange the room later for arrows and the mem bugger got filled up and the client had to be restarted. ;)