Aren't Runebooks Blessed in Ren Era?

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by yaadood, Oct 4, 2012.

1. yaadood

yaadood Member

2. Hittin

Hittin New Member

They were, would love to see this aspect of UOR emulated.
  3. Hittin

Hittin New Member

Would really like to get some kind of idea of what the GMs plan on doing with runebooks, one of the reasons I rolled on this server is for the quality of life that UOR brought to UO. Blessed runebooks was the biggest of them all, dying and losing your runebook/runebooks is a special kind of maddening.

In before the trolls saying don't die.
  4. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

Runebooks will not be blessed or newbied.
  5. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Good, I quit taking mine farming but still carry when going town to town for odds and ends.
  6. Sticks

Sticks New Member

Forgive me if this has been answered somewhere else already but is there any reasoning behind this? They were certainly newbied during UOR.
  7. Huzke

Huzke Active Member

"History Perfected"

Runebooks blessed by default is something that made things far too easy in UO. Less trips to town, less chances for player interactment, etc. I'm a big carebear and I always prefer runebooks not be blessed.

If you really want a blessed runebook then you can save up plat, I suppose. I really don't miss blessed runebooks at all, though, and think it's a bit of a waste unless you're a miner or something.
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Runebook Bless Deeds can be purchased through the Platinum Rewards system. Ezekiel's post is outdated....a lot.

They are quite handy to have, especially for those of us with courtyards. If you keep it stocked with scrolls and runes to your farming spots, it makes self-recovery quite a bit easier...once you find a res anyway.

I never have to change my recall macro because it always targets my runebook which has a default rune set to a bank. It also runs a restock agent too but that's beside the point.
  9. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

No, actually, they were not.

http://uorforum.com/threads/blessed-rune.2683/page-3#post-17128

I have already performed the research to validate that without a doubt, they were not newbied upon introduction, and this was never the intended mechanic for OSI. They became newbied due to a bug, a few months into 2000, and by the end of 2000 OSI had relented against the backlash of the player base and made all runebooks blessed, because the bugged newbied runebooks were so common.
  10. Sticks

Sticks New Member

Never looked at it that way Huzke, that changes my perspective abit.

Cheers for the clarification corruption, my memory fails me, I just always recalled them being newbied during UOR, obviously completely oblivious as to how that came about.