Armor AR

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by freakystuff, Oct 1, 2014.

1. freakystuff

freakystuff Member

Hello,

I love warrior armor even though the top PKs seldom wear them...few questions

Can barbed studded leather be repaired without using fortification powder?

Is the difficulty the same to craft plain studded leather versus barbed studded leather?

For smithing,

how much AR does Verite (most expensive light blue) add to a suit of ringmail + plate gorget + norse helm? anyone knows the bonus AR from Verite versus Iron?

I read somewhere that being Verite adds +10 AR to a set of armor?

is the Verite bonus the same for a suit of full plate versus the armor (mostly ring) above?

Does Verite armor add durability bonus on top of exceptional ones?

how do ppl obtain fortification powder?

Please educate.
  2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Hey Freakystuff!

To answer your questions:

All studded leather cannot be repaired without fort powder.
    Studded leather is much harder to craft, for instance a studded tunic has a 62% success rate and only 20% exceptional chance, whereas a leather tunic has 100% success rate and 64% exceptional chance at GM.

Verite is the green hue, guessing from your comment you are thinking of Valorite.

A full set of valorite + plate gorget + norse helm gives 48 armor and -6 dexterity.

Verite may give +10 additional armor over iron, but it depends on quality/magical attributes.

A full valorite set gives somewhere around 60+ armor but has a huge dex loss.

I believe that durability is only based off the smith's blacksmithing level.

Fortification powder is a BoD reward from completing smithing BoDs, for more information see below:
    http://uorforum.com/threads/renaissance-blog-the-bulk-order-reward-review.568/

Lastly if you want a full valorite set, hit me up in IRC, I just happen to have a spare one lying around!
    [​IMG]
  3. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hey man and welcome to the server!

This is the trading forum. This thread should have been started in the discussion forum. I can't answer all of your questions but I will answer a few.

Valorite is the blue armor which you speak of and is also the highest quality. Verite is the green ingots and are the next step down from valorite. Studded armor can't be repaired so you can only use fortification power on it. The crafting difficulty is MUCH higher for studded as opposed to regular leather. Regular barbed leather suits are very good to begin with.

Fort powder are offered as blacksmith BOD rewards.

Again, welcome to the shard, and hope you get all your answers. :)
  4. NONAMEALLSTAR

NONAMEALLSTAR Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter if you are using plain, spined, horned or barbed. The difficult is based on the piece of armor you are crafting, not the leather used.