Banned from IRC without knowing why?

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Eskeleto, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eskeleto

Eskeleto Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Not sure if this is the correct place to post but I joined IRC as I usually do this morning and went about my daily gaming and when I went to ask a question in the tradechat I noticed I had been banned from both trade and renaissance channels.. As a subscriber id like to know what I did wrong? Plz and thank you
  2. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

[16:55:09] [420]Eskeleto joined the channel.
    [16:55:09] Renaissance sets mode +vb [420]Eskeleto *!*@*.*27C477.IP
    [16:55:09] [420]Eskeleto was kicked by Renaissance (Banned: TallTim).

Looks like you're banned for being a disgusting sick perv, Odin.
    UO - Cassie, Remington and StarHunter like this.
  3. Eskeleto

I don't understand? I was afk playing UO?
  4. Jill Stihl

Shall I post up the messages you've been sending me? Would that help you to understand, Odin?
    UO - Cassie and wylwrk like this.
  5. Eskeleto

sure seeing as I haven't messaged anyone at all on here other then for trading reasons.. I believe someone may have used my name since I use the website link not the actuall IRC program so plz help. I assure you I have sent no messages of any kind.
  6. Eskeleto

I joined IRC this morning at exact time I was kicked 16:55:09] I logged off from UO last night and IRC at 125 am EST if that helps not sure when you received those messages or where I can look up a log of my logout time from both irc and UO?
  7. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

8. Eskeleto

Can anyone help me? As a new player and farmer I use IRC to make my living on here. It appears since I use the website IRC and input my name every time I log in. Someone used my name last night after I logged off IRC n UO between midnight and 130 am EST and messaged Jill god knows what. I'm not /auth or registered to IRC n not sure what to do now. Those of you who have done business with me in the past know me to be curtious and always friendly. I not sure what to do now or who to contact....
  9. Eskeleto

Ive contacted Jill about helping me find out what was said and what time but sounds like there rightfully upset.. This blows.. I didn't do anything to anyone. I don't know wtf I did to someone to try n sabatoge me on here or anywhere. Now what?
  10. Remington

Remington Well-Known Member

Nice to finnally have the name of the guy whos been hiding behind fake names to send vile disgusting things to jill AND to my sister Cassie as well. Eskeleto, AKA talltim, aka deadlift, aka marti.
    UO - Cassie and wylwrk like this.
  11. Eskeleto

sir I apologize but I don't know those people I'm Eskeleto the Tamer I joined no less than 2 months ago. I don't know any one of those names.. like I said I use website IRC and input my name as [420]Eskeleto not Eskeleto?
  12. Eskeleto

is there a logg that can prove this? my ip cant be linked to any of those accounts because I'm not registered to irc or auth..again I use the website IRC n input my name every single time. those messages had to have come from a different IP seeing as I was asleep and my computer was shut down when they happened.
  13. Remington

Oh, thats how you thought you'd get away with it? Sorry to burst your bubble, you dont have to register accounts, any account you've logged into will show telamon your ip and what time it logged in. Also, you can change your name 100 times on irc, your ip remains the same. Even if you are using flash IRC.
  14. Jill Stihl

You're the last person on this shard that I would ever help. And you know precisely why.
  15. Eskeleto

then its not possible that those messgaes came from my ip as I logged out of IRC chat last night n shut down my computer between 12-130 am est how can I prove this where is the logg in my UO folder and IRC folder to show this?
  16. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

Is this a lovers quarrel?
  17. Jill Stihl

This guy spends his time in game and on IRC harassing multiple people he believes to be female with frankly fucked up messages about what he would like to do to them. Over and over again.

Hardly a lovers quarrel.
    UO - Cassie likes this.
  18. Eskeleto

I made the mistake of using IRC and am being dragged thru the mudd for what someone else did with my name yet wont prove where the ip came from. it wasn't until I logged on to irc that my ip was banned.. so you waited till this morning to have it banned? why? why not last night? using the persons ip who did this?
  19. Remington

The name banned was talltim, it wasnt YOUR name. It was YOUR ip. Did you seriously think simply changeing names would hide who you really are? Thats pretty foolish. You can cut the "Someone else used the unregistered Eskeleto name" act now, because you were ip banned, NOT name banned. Your other forum account (Marti) will also show your ip. You are caught.
    UO - Cassie likes this.
  20. Eskeleto

Aug 03 18:28:17 * jdm (~jdm@726DF7CE.73845A1E.63F3AD54.IP) has joined
    Aug 03 18:30:47 * TallTim (~UOR@726DF7CE.73845A1E.63F3AD54.IP) has joined

like I said I was not on at that time and THATS NOT MY IP!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.