Barding Difficulty in Khaldun

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Paradigm, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Paradigm

Paradigm Active Member

Is there an error here? Check out this list:

http://www.uorenaissance.com/info/?page ... pe=Khaldun

It says zero, which in this case means that you cannot succeed at all. There are quite a few creatures with zero. Some seem to make sense, like the Champs.

Is there a Lore reason, or has this just not been completed yet?
  2. Nelvin_Skjordal

Nelvin_Skjordal Member

I took my bard to Khaldun once...

Once.

Curious about this myself - are the spawns that are "bard proof" also "tamer proof"?
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Yeah, I'd like to know the logic behind nothing in Khaldun being succeptible to bards. It's bad enough you can't gate/recall into the dungeon. The only reason I bring my bard there, is to be a gate-bot for my tamer.

All in favor of making those mobs bardable, say Aye.

Sure it would take 15 zealots to kill the Ancient Lich, but we should still be able to. Let's put those silver instruments to use!
  4. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

The only creatures in khaldun which have an immunity to provocation are the khaldun zealots (summoner & knight), ancient lich, & the harrower tentacles. All of the remaining creatures (cursed, hero cursed, spectral armours, shadow fiend, & misc undead) are susceptible to barding skills.

In regards to the website information, I assume it is simply incomplete as the data listed there does not accurately reflect the correct values for barding difficulties (or immunity) that exist for those creatures.
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

I'll be going through the bestiary to update the correct barding information for all monsters here soon. Very few monsters have a bard immunity, if its not listed, or N/A its mostly because I didn't have it available at the time of setting the entry up.

Ill try to get this resolved in the next few days.
  6. Paradigm

Paradigm Active Member

I haven't tried it yet, but I assume this also means you cannot discord the Ancient Liches either!
  7. Paradigm

Paradigm Active Member

I am all about opening up more content for for more archetypes!
  8. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

The ancient lich is only immune to provocation, he has no natural immunities to peacemaking or discordance. Natural toughness & difficulties from his overall strength will still apply though, so I suspect it wouldn't be an easy task to keep him under the effects of peace, and will likely take numerous attempts to place him under discordance.