Barracoon?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by GMF, Nov 7, 2014.

1. GMF

GMF New Member

Hey guys, i was wondering what was your strategy to kill Barracoon? How many people do you need to kill him?
    Any hits or ticks would be nice!
  2. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

I've done barracoon with myself and two others relatively easily. For tier 1 and 2 everyone just uses blade spirits to kill the mobs. For tiers 3/4 we used tamer/bards. When barracoon spawns we just unloaded barrages of ebolts until he died. By far this is the easiest spawn, and I would venture to say that two competent players could do it themselves.
  3. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

also if you invite anyone to help, make sure they have a good reputation
  4. napo

napo Well-Known Member

Post patch, Barracoon is an unholy force of reckoning that will spawn rats at you until you die.
    He also drops two platinum.

I don't really recommend trying to kill him, it isn't worth it. It's possible, I really suggest a group as large as you can get it to manage the huge number of rats that will be spawned. But for two plat? not worth it.
    If you need a skull I'll sell you one cheap.
  5. Descartes

Descartes Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

He gives 3 platinum per character that does sufficient damage. The summoned spawn of ratmen mages/archers is pretty ridiculous, but O^S has successfully killed him a couple times recently with a group of ~5-6 tamers. People need to focus on provoking the spawn and then it's manageable.
  6. GMF

GMF New Member

Thanks for the info guys, was pretty easy but long! haha

we were 2 guys, a tamer/provoker and a provoker

Spawn 1 and 2, just do BS
    Sawn 3,4 bring in the dragons

Barracoon: No dragons. Just dump explode/ebolts and run out of the screens. When he spawns rats, provoke and kill but don't attack Barraccoon in till the rats are dead.

Took about 5 hours in total, for our first time. Im sure the 2nd time we could do it in 4 hours haha. There was a lot of time wasted, banking, regs.

3 hours to spawn 1-4
    2 hours to kill barracoon

we got about 40 platinum coins, 20 each. 150k-200k, 1 lvl 6 map, skull of greed. We got a lot of platinum from the spawns!
  7. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

If you need help, PM me in irc I'd be glad to help you out! MikeK
    Asus likes this.