best faction to join?

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Rocko, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Rocko join up and see for yourself. It's easy to join and easy to quit. Be very careful when you chase SL as you might be lead into something and do not fight them in a SL controlled town. Where there's one SL 5-8 more are waiting for a call to jump in.
  2. orb

orb Active Member

this

Rocko think about recruiting and creating your own. And I was just kidding don't join the forum faction. There possibly could be just maybe other people willing to create another pvp group besides the COM/TB combination and SL but I am not 100% sure. It appears there isn't really anyone, who is playing, to represent Minax in the UOR Faction scene.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

There's a fairly good sized contingent of players trying to train up for TB lately. Not sure I'll put the energy into getting involved again soon but it doesn't really matter what faction you join, but whether you fall in with one group or another, my mumble host is unbiased. I don't restrict access or ban people for anything other than harassment or abuse of the service. There are players from pretty much every faction but SL in there.
  4. Attila

Attila Active Member

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    DrSassy, PaddyOBrien, ebola and 7 others like this.
  5. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

suck it timmy
    Vella, Kane and Punt like this.
  6. napo

napo Well-Known Member

Almost a good post, but it buys into the misconception that we're bigger than everyone else.
    We're not, we're just that much better at four square than everybody else is.

oh right and before everyone shows up going hurr durr you're bigger cause we say so
    take a look at these four pages:
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/faction/TrueBrit
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/faction/SL
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/faction/CoM
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/faction/Minax

While not a perfect metric you can see that each faction has around the same number of characters, with the exception of TB that is lagging a little bit. CoM is actually bigger than SL, despite claims by a certain vocal group of whiners that we significantly outnumber everyone.

Oh right and to nip this one in the bud before it starts - no it's not a matter of alts. Most everyone in SL has all three accounts in, so you can't use the argument that your factions are full of alts and ours isn't, unless those of you with six accounts are willing to admit as much.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    One likes this.
  7. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

Damn it johnny
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  8. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

I cant believe you are using the roster and assuming that means activity lol
  9. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

ill two square you for houses johnny
  10. napo

napo Well-Known Member

Depends on what metric you define activity by.
    TB and CoM most certainly have active players on their rosters, and you personally are in all three factions and are more active than any of our players.
    The catch is that you guys don't really log on your factioners. Many of the players in the other factions are extremely active as players, but not very active as factioners.

So what I'm taking away from this is that we're a zerg that outnumbers everybody because you guys don't feel like logging on your faction characters.
  11. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

I have 1 faction character and its been that way for a few weeks now.. don't have the time to dedicate to factions anymore but amfeKk will stay in TB and maybe itll thrive again.
  12. napo

napo Well-Known Member

you play a lot for someone who doesn't have a lot of time

Anyway, setting you aside, the other factions are full of people who are very active. They're seemingly always online, and in IRC every night asking for CTF.
    That you guys don't want to faction doesn't make us a zerg.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    amfeKk likes this.
  13. Attila

Attila Active Member

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    PaddyOBrien and T3h D4ve like this.
  14. napo

napo Well-Known Member

Nice catchphrase bro, but it's your cute little story up against my facts and numbers.
  15. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

You should get autokicked if you don't log in for 30 days.
  16. T3h D4ve

T3h D4ve Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    +10 internetz to Attila, summed it up nicely as the popcorn ran out
  17. Akasha

Akasha Member

I am returning to this server. I am in Minax but left it today. Will be joining TB to fight alongside some decent pvpers against the horde. Ill miss my red horse though.
  18. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Akasha, welcome back. I'm still in TB too and won't hold a grudge about our old spats. Good luck in four-square!

Also, Faction Rosters are a fucking joke, not a valuable metric. There's no character skill requirements, no activity requirements and quite frankly no possible way of determining how many of them are active. Not too mention lack of point atrophy, which would really solve for a good amount of the mess. I agree with Bog on a 30day kick timer too.
  19. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Point atrophy is a problem? I thought it was pretty arbitrary myself. Do you think you could keep your crafter as cl with point atrophy?
  20. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

My crafter isn't CL anymore and only was so, to bump out the alt your faction planted in TB to drain silver and whatever else. While cute and funny, it was utterly pathetic and quite frankly the furthest thing from actual combat I could have imagined coming from a group of self-proclaimed pvpers.

Point atrophy is a problem because people who don't play shouldn't be holding ranks they don't deserve.