Best historical bugs?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by OptimisticSam, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  2. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

Who is your husband, Mike?
  3. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

That was my favourite, till GM's just started deleting all the items. Lost many many blessed items that way :(
  4. midgetbob

midgetbob Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Trapped Polar Bears would GM archery w/ 1 arrow. After firing the first arrow, you'd keep firing but never require the arrows. GM Archery in a night.

Didn't work on any other animal for some reason, only polar bears.
    Valmour likes this.
  5. Mike Oxwells

Mike Oxwells Active Member

my husband is Mike silly

He does not play that much just his lumberjack in wrong once in a while. Im just been too lazy to set up a second forum acc
    Zyler likes this.
  6. Patek

Patek Active Member

Only time I've ever been able to wear purple chain-mail :)

Another odd mechanic/bug/whatever was invising dragons and wyrms caused them to attack mobs. I used to sit at the Harrower with my PVP char and a white wyrm (paid a tamer to bring it), release it, then just invis it each time the Harrower spawned and it'd instantly aggro. Back then the Harrower was set to drop a magic axe every time, so all I had to do was heal the WW and I'd end up with 50+ magic axes a night.
  7. Spankrox

Spankrox Active Member

Buying house deeds, using the appraisal tool on them then selling back for a profit.

Purple faction hued items. Have sigil, cast blade spirit and unequip whatever you want purple mid cast.

Logging out in Yew above the Shadowlords base and having someone drop a chest on the spot. Logging back in and being pushed under into the base. Made stealing sigils so much easier when you could attack from both sides.

Tabbing constantly so you'd jerk around and people would accuse you of speed hacking.

Fun times.
  8. midgetbob

Exploding Mushrooms, z-axis, and walking over doors and falling into houses.
  9. Lnomer

Lnomer Well-Known Member

I remember our brains getting BUGGED!... LOL

Poison spell not working in towns due to some coding to prevent Occlo afk kills resulted in people not even casting poison in duel pits in Bucs. Or Effecting faction wars in town...

Oh and another historic bug still not solved... Spawns attacking other spawns. Champs progressing by ogre lords in despise and dragons in dastard lol...
    Rextacy likes this.
  10. FreeHugger

FreeHugger Well-Known Member

By far the greatest house in existence was the small house someone placed on top of the Evil Mage tower in Shame on Pacific.

It stood for years.
    One and OptimisticSam like this.
  11. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it was a bug or just a strange game mechanic, but i remember GMing Swords and Tactics on a trapped Bladespirit(only one), trapped with placed bales of hay
    Valmour likes this.
  12. Bluecrush

Bluecrush Active Member

I would call that a game mechanic and probably a harder way of going about gming swords lol. Just like people using them to gm parry instead of using earth eles. The resist one was a bug because it does all physical attacks when it hits or poison.
  13. midgetbob

Bladespirits were also the way to GM Parry. cast 3 or 4 and trap them. wear bucklers. step back when you get destroyed to heal.
  14. Mike Oxwells

Mike Oxwells Active Member

This historical bug from about 3 weeks ago on Renaissance where a mare of mine is stuck at 89 dex
  15. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

Nothing beats what @snap dragon wrote about in IRC once:
    OptimisticSam and One like this.
  16. Mr. Mahony

Mr. Mahony Active Member

For a while in magnicia you could drop boxes in certain buildings and wait like 40 minutes then items like tanned hides, ferns, and etc would spawn there. The box would weigh like 300 stone and you couldn't remove the item except by cutting the box with an axe and once dropped the item became immovable. Made millions from nothing
    One likes this.
  17. Mr. Mahony

Mr. Mahony Active Member

Hey look I read.....
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  18. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand Well-Known Member

No favourite bug, I hate bugs!
    Crawly little bastards.

I remember there was an bug where players could exploit a house sale.
    It involved trade window, cancelling and standing under the house sign, the buyer would be given ownership, the seller... very sad and confused.

That one happened to me on a freeshard that put it in to be era accurate. Pretty crappy!

There was also a short lived bug where you could GM archery on guards in Moonglow. Stand outside the guardzone/fence on the east side of bank and shoot in. Guards being high difficulty, a lot of folks GM'd pretty quick using it.
    Valmour likes this.
  19. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

I'm sure a lot of people remember doing this in UOR, there was even signs posted on most shard that said "be careful standing near the fence". Just more mounting evidence that one should be able to attack players inside the guard zone while standing outside!
    Jakob likes this.
  20. Meliph

Meliph Member

after the intro to malas and before they got rid of moonstones there was a bug that allowed you to housebreak by using uomap, youd set the map to fel or tram depending on tile situation, say you wanted to housebreak a house in fel. thereyoud drop the marker in uoam. then head to malas, if the marker were accesable youd travel to it, drop the corresponding moonstone and step through, you were almost always trapped in the floor but able to recall and also if they detected hidden it WASNT an autodetect...because technically you wernt in the house, hheh.
    i remember in the early trammel days if the guards couldnt reach you they couldnt kill you. they didnt have god lightning, so people would teleport to a small island of grass at the mages guild in brit and plink away at guards for insane gains
    speaking of archery bugs, the ole "one step" bug was nice. youd aggro a monster, step one tile away from it after closing on it and shoot away with arrows, it wouldnt close with you. again easy gains.
    Buga likes this.