BlackEye's Quitting Thread

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Ecstatic, May 19, 2017.

1. eatmyshorts

eatmyshorts Member

[​IMG]
    Ecstatic, Reginald and Valrick like this.
  2. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I have to pace my gametime, especially with other major priorities at the moment (School full time, work, taking care of my father who's in grave shape) I may only find 5ish hours a week nowadays.

A year ago i was playing a good 9 hours a day with a full time job and part time school. It felt great until I noticed i hadn't seen my familiy in months, my health was terrible and friends stopped texting to do stuff.

The game is definitely life sucking at times. I think now more than ever am I enjoying my time here :)
    Ecstatic, Azoth and One like this.
  3. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Sorry to see ya go!

You stole some plats from me at Valentine's events, I'm sure. Probably Harrowers too. And probably while standing around at a bank.

Any plans for your new-found free time? Creative projects you've been putting off or anything like that? Or just looking to play some other games?
    Ecstatic and ElleFeyRa like this.
  4. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member

I get the feeling finishing a PhD in Physics features fairly high up on the list :)
    Kirby, Ecstatic, One and 1 other person like this.
  5. The Crooked Warden

The Crooked Warden Well-Known Member

Wow man! Thanks a ton @Ecstatic @BlackEye , I wasn't expecting anything but you know how I love my house deco. These items are much appreciated.
    Ecstatic, Azoth and SteelyDan like this.
  6. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

The secret to playing for all time is to not play it all the time...

Thanks for the cool outfit and all the other stuff BlackEye. You're awesome. I will rename a particular character I have in mind PinkEye and that shall be his outfit as a tribute to you :)

Edit: PankEye
    Ecstatic, Basoosh and Azoth like this.
  7. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

SpankEye
    Ecstatic likes this.
  8. Fullmetal

Fullmetal Well-Known Member

I've only known you through trades and events and stuff, but best of luck in your life and all your adventures :)
    Ecstatic and Basoosh like this.
  9. Christoph Brock

Christoph Brock Well-Known Member

Shocking news, but it makes sense. Have a blast irl, BlackEye.
    Ecstatic and Azoth like this.
  10. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

All the best Blackeye, I'm sure just about every vet here knows how time consuming UO can be!

Take care of yourself, and if you ever choose to come back, we'll still be here!
  11. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

@BlackEye you were the only one I could ask for help when I got my house looted and lost my RareBoards [​IMG] . And you helped me without asking for anything. Not to mention when I joined 5D when I started on the server and you were always very helpful with stealing tricks and whatnot. I remember this all dearly and you will be definitely the best thief I've ever knew on UO since 2001.

Thanks for the great memories!
    Valrick, Ecstatic and Random like this.
  12. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

Best of luck to you in the RL. If you make a comeback, I'm sure we can find you a shanty to live in or something. ;-)
    Ecstatic likes this.
  13. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

Fare thee well my friend and thank you for thinking of me for a farewell gift. May Lord British always watch over you. Long Live @BlackEye
  14. Lyta

Lyta Well-Known Member

Thank you for the deco rares, @Ecstatic , they will be put to good use! Sorry to see another leave the shard but I get it. I've logged in during meetings at work to check spawns.
  15. Ragar

Ragar Active Member

Sorry to see you go BlackEye but I respect your decision and having the ability to do what is needed.

The only good story I can remember was one of my first encounters with you. This was before I knew anything about you. Jupiter (as Catalin) and I were going to place a rose on the grave of someone who'd passed in RL, that I did not know. If I'm remembering correctly as is Jupiter's way we first guarded Athena and company during one of Zylers fishing events...played chess, with this rose on board....and we had an extra passenger. You.

We killed you on the boat but you found us later in Paws and stole the rose. We chased you around pointlessly but you generously gave it back after tagging it with your name. We still placed it on the gravestone near Justice (I believe that is the nearby shrine) later that night and it remains there still.

BlackEye, the nice bad guy. :)
    Jupiter, Random and Ecstatic like this.
  16. Ecstatic

Ecstatic Active Member

I have been delaying the finishment of my phd thesis by probably one year. UOR is a hell of a drug, I swear! :)
    One likes this.
  17. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Wow! 155 replies so far! BlackEye, you are definitely going to be missed here! I keep checking the thread for the BlackEye stories.
  18. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

One, The Crooked Warden and ElleFeyRa like this.
  19. Ecstatic

Ecstatic Active Member

Okay people, I have done most of the trades, but many are still open.

I have decided to take a short cut and enlist the help of @Jean-Pierre and @Random to distribute the gifts to their new owners. Right now, Jean-Pierre (jp in IRC) is the only one with access to the gifts. As long as he hasn't met Random ingame at least. So, you are allowed to bother him for your goodies and I hope all of you enjoy them.

The people that should check the first post of this thread if they haven't yet and should bother JP and later on Random for their gifts are:

@PaddyOBrien / @Erza Scarlet for the pirate guild
    @Evil Dead
    @Puck
    @LesClaypool
    @Erza again for her halberds
    @PaddyOBrien for his tavern
    @Cero
    @hardman
    @Ron Jeremy
    @One
    @Crunk Juice
    @Broli
    @Hoominaga
    @Azoth

upload_2017-5-22_12-58-56.png
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Crunk Juice, shad, Evil Dead and 3 others like this.
  20. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

I only started playing UOR a week ago but your name has already come up so many times, and to see and (in)famous character as you gift all his possessions away really shows how great the community is, even between the "antiheroes". Thanks for your time in the game even if we never had the pleasure and good luck to you and your IRL endeavors. CHeers!
    PaddyOBrien and Ecstatic like this.