Blade Spirits Very Weak

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Zagyg, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Looking at the Stratics page on Blade Spirits from 8/18/2000 - http://web.archive.org/web/200008181203 ... m/hunters/ - it doesn't list specific stats but on a scale of 1-10 it gives them an Offensive Rating and Overall Toughness Rating of 8. That's imprecise but it sounds about what my T2A experience with them was like - I'd cast a couple down from safe spots in Terathan Keep and watch them chew up everything (except Matriarchs who needed EVs). They would almost always hit no matter what they were fighting and it was rare to see one get taken down by melee, I suppose because they usually killed whatever they attacked fairly quickly.

Blade Spirits here miss quite often against anything except low-level creatures. I've seen them whiff as many as five consecutive times against tough monsters, which means they're sitting there doing nothing. They also seem to have very low AR and/or HP. Here a Wyvern can take down a Blade Spirit and still have half its hit points left while an Ophidian Avenger can take down 2 together and still have more than half. I can't say for sure what would be proper stats for them but I feel that they should be and were a lot more fierce in combat.