Blues should take punishment as well.

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Double Vision, Dec 1, 2012.

Blues should suffer the consciences of their actions.

1. Yes, if a blue wants to take a count to kill someone, Then they should not be able to escape so easy

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No, I ate crayons as a kid and believe I should be able to get away with killing people & reds shou

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FishTaco

FishTaco New Member

All the ideas presented here sound horrible. :(

Sounds like everyone wants to change huge aspects of the game to more suit their play style.
  2. Autolycus

Autolycus New Member

Actually it has nothing to do with A^T and everything to do with being tired of a crybaby.If you cant kill a blue in the dungeon on your red theres 1 thing to fix it....get better.Crying about it only makes you look worse than you already are.
    As was said earlier if you are going to make a poll you are serious about then make legitimate choices.As it is the only thing I see here is DV with an agenda.
    I have yet to see you PKing A^T off the server,if you cant kill a blue farmer by yourself then get a friend to help.
  3. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Good point.

I guess I'll just look at a dude with 300+ posts, half of which bash the guild I'm in because he has a personal grudge against the guild leader and who is pushing constantly for ideas which suit his playstyle, at the detriment of others, and just ignore it all. Because I can't even disagree in the thread without getting attacked personally and I can't even have a poll option which isn't debauchery.
  4. Messiah

Messiah New Member

I'll leave the drama for you guy to discuss since I am an adult and choose not to act like a child. And no where in this thread have I seen anyone get attacked but him. So Have a good day.
  5. Gideon Jura

As an aside, back on original OSI, even when you were safe from reds there was always the fear that you were going to be ganked by a blue in a dungeon. I remember being at blood elementals a lot on Asuka and always being worried because at the time it was packed with players and there were a handful of players there that wouldn't bat an eye at dropping you if you got low on hp. That was, oddly, part of the fun of UO. It represented a darker side to me that even a Glorious Lord could do some shady stuff now and then and get away with it because the Guards were not everywhere and no where outside of town was very safe at all.

Also, to me, it taught me about being fair with others when I was out in the world. We would share spawns and be pleasant to each other. Rudeness could get people on your bad side and I had seen what happened to people on the bad side of the GLords of Shame Level 4. Those dudes didn't care about getting a few counts to make a point and they were all cool with each other so if they saw somebody making a point to somebody they wouldn't interfere (or would just help often enough).
  6. Gideon Jura

[​IMG]
  7. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I think Blaise looks sexy in that pic!
  8. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Please delete all posts not on subject since people can't seem to stay civil.
  9. Gideon Jura

10. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

this is something everyone has been doing since the server went live and pretty much have been getting what they want, except pks. Simple, if you want to get away scott free from pks don't pk people. All I am seeing is this right now.

Person 1: I don't agree with pks getting off scott free, if they pk people they should pay the price and noto pks are lame.
    Person 2: Ok, we'll how about blues can't recall when they get attacked and have a count then?
    Person 1: Oh we'll I mean other people should pay the price not me
    Person 2: Isn't that kinda hypocritical?
    Person 1: Naw, I'm a noto pk I shouldn't be effected
    Person 2: isn't that also hypocritical?
    Person 1: Stop crying, your crying !!!
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I've taken the liberty of reporting this thread for what is has been since it was created, Trash Talk.
    I really have no idea what the actual poll options represent. If there were some clarification in meaning and less insulting options, the poll may be valid. I'm just not sure what the intended topic/question is.
  12. newme

newme Well-Known Member

ok, this is a reasonable idea,which in fact has a strong tradition in UO; remember the days when even thieves were red for committing evil acts... so can we PLEASE keep person insults out.

Simple solution : good is good= reward
    evil is evil= punishment.
    Blue kill Blue=evil
    Red kill Blue= evil killing is evil period

If you have some kind of issue with another player and wish to kill them even though both of you
    are blue; gessh don't we have dueling pits for challenges, that give no counts??? Perhaps you could simply
    ask Tela or Ez to let you have it out and have access to these pits.

Thanks for the thread, I find it a good one
  13. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

After reading it a few more times, I think what is being asked is if we want murderers to be red after their first kill.

I fully support such an option as it makes the most sense. You murder, you are a murderer. Needing 5 murders to make it obvious is excessive.
    Drop murder counts to 1=red

Thanks.
  14. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Report itall you want, only ones trash talking is you guys.
  15. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I didn't trash talk anything.
    Can you clarify what you mean or confirm/deny what I think you mean, as I posted above?

You want to go red on a single count, right?
  16. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

That was wulver joking around I think. The topic is since everyone hates noto pks and believes people who kill should be penalized that if a blue wants to takes counts then he should not be able to pk people as a blue and then be able to escape pks scott free. 0 counts you can recall or gate if pks show up and attack you which pvmers & farmers shouldnt have counts anyways but if you wanna kill people and take counts and stay blue then you should still suffer for being a noto pk hence if you have more then 0 counts you can't just recall away or gate to get out of trouble if a pk is attacking you.

As for your signature that's my tamer that killed robin to ghost somewhere, just in case if your trying to imply that I point farm cause my tamer was only in to defend sigs nothing else and is almost out of factions.
  17. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I have no idea what you mean about my signature, just as I'm sure you have no idea what you mean by your own.

Let's stay on topic.

So basically, if you have 0 counts, you're a pure blue and can recall at will. If you're noto-PK blue, with short counts, you cannot recall away IF you've just been attacked?

That doesn't sound like a bad option. I mean, I'm not a noto-PK so it's never going to affect me. It may on my red, but not on a blue. I play characters according to my own sense of RP. I don't murder on my good chars and I don't do good deeds on my murderer(s).

So I really commend you for suggesting something that will really impact players like you, who roll up to 4 shorts to avoid stat/name hue change.
  18. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Double post**
  19. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I'm not a noto pk, I just don't wanna go red on my tamer, I am making a specific character for pking and then I will get a ton of counts and be red. I have no problem not being able to recall if I have a count and get attacked.
  20. DarkWing

DarkWing Senior Counselor
    Senior Counselor

player interaction and Player Killers are all part of the Game, "part of the risk"
    but the Murder system keeps the PK's from going Bullistic and killing everything in site,
    PK's are a SMALL part of this game, some People Roll Play, others just kill Monsters,
    Just because you see a Known Noto PK recall in to your spawn and you just happened to get the First Hit in and Win the Battle,
    doesn't mean you should Be Punished for this Action!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.