BOD's for Carpenters suggestion (based on Upps)

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Dragkhar, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Dragkhar

Dragkhar Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Nice to see this topic so busy.
    As I discussed yesterday in IRC with mainly Blaise is that this was just an example table, I know some items are out of UOR era, especially the box and it may seem far too easy to acheive these rewards.
    What I suggested is, since carpenters don't get "exceptional" things, that it is way more hard to get the BODs that give better rewards, that some of the small BOD never will show up in a lrage BOD and maybe that you have to make say 50 tables instead of 20 etc.

Setting like that is easy to inplement since the gump menues need to be rewritten anyway and Im sure the % of geting better BOD's is editable.

When it comes to yoiur suggestions about:
    Ladder Deeds, great idea, but never seen them and had no pic of it to put into my sheet
    Full/Half Full Bookcase, have a full one and why not make that reward 50/50 between the two?
    Broken/Damaged Furniture, left this out by purpouse since we have a broken chair as rare spawn
    Non Standard Table Types, addded 2 non standard tables with table cloth
    Carpet Deeds, I would LOVE to be able to get carpets, but hoestly that apply more to the tailor, not the carpenter ...

Anyway, yes, the items in my sheet can be changed or more could be added, I just wanted to show you guys how I see it and what Ithink probably would work.

Now, when it comes to the furniture dye tub...
    I agree to some extent that they are very trammel'ish but I think that should be the top reward for the carpenter.
    With that said I also think they should have some restrictions, for instance a very limited variety of hues, all natural looking and NON neon'ish.
    I also believe that 5-10 charges may be a bit too much, maybe set it to random 1-5 charges.
    But as said, this was just an example to show you how you could do it, I'm please so many people liked it with or without changes.

To answer the "issue" about item and value.
    IF BODs were added to more crafters items WOULD rise in value since we only have 2 accounts and you can't have all templates.
    This will be gopod for the trading community and kepe the prices up on items that are really hard to get, such as mask dye, furniture dyes etc.

I'm a bit intreagued to make the same work with tinkers and scribes as well, to even further expand this great BOD system we have implemented.

Keep the coments going folks, I feel we need to even out the different crafting templates to make this server even more alive and interesting.

/Rand
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Carpets, please, for the love of Garriott, carpets.
  3. Dragkhar

Renaissance Volunteers

I'm sorry Blaise, I would never recommend carpenters beign able to make carpets and absolutely NO purple ones :lol:
  4. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Wouldn't carpets be more of a tailor thing?
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yeah, it would be but it's kinda house add-on ish. Just a thought and doesn't need to be in this BoD system
  6. frenulum

frenulum Active Member

as for carpets, and other various rewards... why not make a few "multi-bods"... that would require multiple stats (similar to how the carpenter needs music at a certain skill level to make instruments, or magery at a certain level to make that alter/pentagram add-on... or carp, tink, tailor to make boats...)

similar to how the large bods work, needing smaller bods to fill it... it would be something like... small tailor bods to fill large tailor bods... then small carp bods to fill large carp bods... then finally, the large tailor bod is combined with the large carpentry bod... making the carpet reward... or something like that...

My crafter is able to make everything, so my suggestion may be considered a bit biased... but I still think it would be a good way to keep certain items as rare as they should be...

-fren
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I agree and think I made that point/idea earlier, about combining multiple skill BoDs in order to complete one really large BoD.
  8. Dragkhar

Renaissance Volunteers

A very good idea, to mix different crafter skills to fill a large BOD, I would easily vote yes to that