Bondable Nightmare Preview - 524 520 104 114

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Winter, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Winter

Winter Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Short hair. 524 520 104 114 untrained.

I've tamed a lot of mares and this is the best one I've personally seen. I'm sure there's better.

I'm not sure yet if I will be putting it up for auction, but I figured I'd post it so I could get a general idea of what I SHOULD be asking for it. 100k? 500k? 5mil?

Sorry if this is against the forum rules, but if I do decide to sell her, I want to make it fair for both buyer and seller.

upload_2019-3-17_8-31-3.png
    eherruh, Khal'Des and Hollywood like this.
  2. RMarc69

RMarc69 Well-Known Member

Nice find. I've sold lots of Mares and Tamed way more. Unfortunately the market seems pretty saturated with crappy Mares so the sales have been down. But that Mare you should definitely start bidding at 250k and may get up to 500k or more.
  3. Mayor McCheese

Mayor McCheese Active Member

Let me preface by saying I'm by no means an expert at mare prices, but I've warched my fair share of pet auctions and sold a few drags and such. Basically, there is literally no rule. I've seen pets with just 1 stat point different go for a million more then another. I've seen great pets go for practically nothing or what I would consider ridiculous numbers. I know, no help so far, right? I'd say start with a number you think its worth, in my eyes, mares are harder to obtain any quantity of and you cannot farm for the ones with good stats, therefore I'd place a premium on one with amazing stats. But imagine what you'd pay and start it there, if noone buys you have a nice bond able mare. However the fact that none of his stats are max and he's not a pure will probably keep this under a mil, but I'd expect you could get double a typical mare.
    Dr Satan likes this.
  4. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

I like it, and I actually have some gold in the bank currently. It has room in my rotation with those stats, I'll start it off with 500k, that's about my max offer as well if the deal was to happen soon.
    If ya make it an auction I suggest SB there and tag me when ya do, I could be broke again soon :p
    Cha likes this.
  5. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

Also Mayor is very correct. I seen a dragon recently sell for like 50k SB that apparently got ignored, and I've easily sold dragons as good as that one for 10-12x as much lol.

Pets are crazy, I usually base my prices around how long it takes to find one. If it takes me 3 or 4 hours to tame a monster I feel I deserve at least 60k an hour off of taming creatures. Just a made up number but that's how I price most of my stuff.

Someone may think that's a million gold mare, and if they do then it is, I wouldn't list a buyout.
    Mayor McCheese likes this.
  6. Jeebs

Jeebs Well-Known Member

I've always thought mares went for way cheaper than they should be, for the fact that they are on a timer and not forced kill/respawn like dragons.

But the above statements are correct. The pet market can change from day to day. I have a dragon that i feel is worth more than the 0 bites I got on it.
    Bondable mares seem to me more eye catching but I dont feel they get the golds they are worth a lot of the time.

I would always start with what YOU think its worth and work from there. If you price it high and no one bites, try again in a week or 2. If you dont care about the gold the much lower it some. Ive seen weird auctions were people would not bite at the S/B, so the S/B is lowered and a bid war starts and the bid ends up way higher than the initial S/B...its a weird market out there, especially for pets.
    Mayor McCheese and Dr Satan like this.