Boss spawn rates

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by TreeHugger, May 18, 2017.

1. Lyta

Lyta Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I said the very same thing last night! At least no one has yelled "TRAMMEL" at you yet.
    TreeHugger likes this.
  2. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

Heaven forbid they'd have to team up to do it.
  3. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Not at all. But a sour-puss post basically saying:

[almost quote]I chose to spend an hour and a half at a newbie spawn, and it sucked. I got bored. Increase the spawn at this particular spot because I refused to go to another spot to make my game more engaging.[/almost quote]

May be a bit off-putting.
    Vandalin, Ecstatic and One like this.
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

2017-05-18 10_38_19-CompatWindow.png
    Lyta likes this.
  5. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

There are spawns for them to team up, and spawns that do not need them to team up. There are spawns for every body! That is my point!
  6. TreeHugger

I laughed out loud haha
  7. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

My UO experience is identical to all other players thus my ideas should be equally accepted.
  8. TreeHugger

I've been to the other spots. This post was more of an idea on how to improve something so that it gets used more often.
  9. TreeHugger

but you don't use it so why do you care?
  10. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Treehugger, I am with you, don't worry! I agree some spawn rates can be adjusted without breaking the game or economy.

If you want fairly non stop action of hacking and slashing, get an orc slayer. Large spawn locations with almost constant killing. I use a power or vanq slayer and kill non stop for a good 15 minutes...netting a big 6-8k of gold!!...sadly there are no orc bosses to spice things up.

Hit Cove fort or the Orc Cave, if you get lucky an RP orc will stop by to add to the fun.

I think a lot of people are overlooking or reading too much into things, some people just want to bash things over the head without a large lull in the action, and not stacks of gold around.
    Ecstatic, TreeHugger and Vishakt like this.
  11. Spankrox

Spankrox Active Member

So what about the people who don't play the game exactly like you, or your impatient friend? Newer people? Naturalists?

Is their game play to be changed because your idea of spawns doesn't necessarily fit with how some of the lower ones work?

The spawns are appropriate for who they're aimed at. Tweak them, and there's a high chance it will be exploited by AFK tamers, thus taking it away from who it's designed for. This shard caters for a very broad range of play styles and it is what YOU make of it in the end.

Get creative if you're bored. Not ask for changes.
    Vandalin, wylwrk and Pirul like this.
  12. TreeHugger

Yea thanks pal, I had no idea there was afk farming. Still blows my mind.

However, I've done a bit of research on this and I've found out that not many people do these lower level boss spawns so I guess it doesn't really fit many people's play style. There's room for improvement, for sure.
  13. Spankrox

Spankrox Active Member

In my experience, free shards seem to have a higher concentration of people who are willing to bend/exploit the rules as much as possible to sit on top of their imaginary pile of wealth.

I'd love to see a survival mode instance where mobs constantly spawn on a timer and get progressively harder. Would make for an interesting and action packed event!
    Maybe something like that as opposed to changing spawns might work?
    One likes this.
  14. TreeHugger

I'm 10000% in agreeance with you. But, events are way harder to initiate than a spawn rate increase.

I honestly thought just increasing the spawn rate of a 100gp mob was the easiest solution. Some people here think that's going way to far an will allow everyone to own a keep tomorrow, I mean if I just kill 600,000 of them I can own Pills tower.
  15. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

The gauntlet/survival game has always been fun on previous shards, and a great way for non PvP-ers to show their wizard skills.

Basically every player that joined would be put into a small-ish room (15x15 or so), and monsters would spawn every 30~ seconds in increasing difficulty. It started with Mongbats, snakes and zombies... Eventually the room would be full of Ancient Wyrms, Balrons and White wyrms.

The player that survived the longest would be given a trophy, while all the others would receive nothing but shame.

I never played much, but it was really enjoyable watching some of the best bards/players get swamped by dozens of dragons and struggle to survive.
    Spankrox likes this.
  16. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

You just described Champion Spawns, the most profitable (arguably) content this server provides and ironically the least used.
    TreeHugger likes this.
  17. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

He is just advocating. Nothing to do with him, as usual.
  18. Ecstatic

Ecstatic Active Member

What I am doing while waiting for respawns:

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    crazydaze likes this.