BREAKING RP News: Jupiter's Motley Militia Storms Orc Fort, Much Fun Had!

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by Vlar, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

formation.png
    Jupiter forms up his hastily gathered posse at a guard post near the Urk Fortress.

courtyardfight.png
    NOOOOOOGRAAAHHHH screamed what appeared to be some sort of alpha urk as Jupiter and his motley militia storm into the fort!

door fight.png
    The orcs spring a trap in the narrow passage just inside their keep's door!

bloodslogatgate.png
    Mages provide cover as warriors push, bash and shove their way into the breech!

xegdies.png
    Compatriots dead and door breached the last of the leader orcs is fallen!

orcfights.png
    After 3 or 4 rounds of battle both sides gather to lick their wounds and pay respect to their worthy adversaries... and Jupiter hit some people with a stick but I believe it was a sign of respect.

groupup.png
    Jupiter's militia gathers up after the last fight to bid one another safe travels and a peaceful slumber!
    wylwrk, ReZon, AlexCCCP and 8 others like this.
  2. swiftfeet

swiftfeet Active Member

3. Vishakt

Vishakt Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

First off THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME TO FIGHT! It's been a while since I've been in fort defense chaos like this and it was awesome.

Well Jupiter's army came late and while we were fighting our second group (that Vish fought anyway) so while we got rolled over at that point we had done our share of killing this night.

Given, most of these are taken from my kill cam shots...I had no time to think about screen shots for the most part...so these will seem a bit biased in our direction.

- A rare 1v1 when I snuck into the fort upon arrival. The other orcs had temporarily fallen back.
    [​IMG]

- orc mosh pit under manageable conditions
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

- caught a mage outside and was fortunate enough to disrupt a lot of mind blast (it hurtsss usss yessss)
    [​IMG]

- Oyster and R- were real troopers. They'd fight with numbers or without.
    [​IMG]

- Oysters mare feasted well on orc flesh this night...
    [​IMG]

- but we got it a few times too
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

- and more random shots of orcs not getting crushed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Again. A great day. Thanks for crazy non-stop action.

NOOGGRRAAAAHHH BLUDCHUK'HAI !!!!
  4. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

For decidedly intentional reasons, most of the records of men rarely mention any single Orc or faction of orcs specifically. In great part this is because the primary orc battle tactic is to use brute force and numbers to overwhelm their adversaries, and rarely (if ever) have they ever been found to use stratagem or any level of intelligence to plan their attacks. And owing to this there rarely are any orcs left after their battles worth mentioning, as their corpses are heaped into great piles and fumigated.

However, their is rumor of one company of orcs so feared that many have urged historians to purge any record of their existence from the tomes and archives.

This band of orcs, known as the Blood Clan or "Blud-Chok Hai" in the black tongue, have once again reared their ferocious fangs. When I heard rumors that they were seeking to establish a foot-hold in the forests north of Compassion Desert I was compelled to rally any forces I could find.

Sadly, from Paws I could only find myself and the brave Aeritas to aid me in this clearly hopeless effort to slay the orcs! When we arrived at the guardpost, we found it heavily beleaguered by the onslaught of the orcs. And, not to my great surprise, I learned that no reinforcements had been sent by the king's guard. As I mulled about the tower, trying to hatch a cockamamie plan, my heart found great courage when I saw from the east, a boon of hope! A mix of banners of all kinds!

History might accidentally remember this as Jupiter's Militia, but in all honesty I had very little to do with it at all! I just happened to be the only available grey wizard at the moment. This cohesive unit of men was made of a disparate host- both those who wore the mantle of innocence and those whose mantles were clearly stained (whether the blood was justified or not I cannot say)- but I do know this: Forever shall I remember the men who fought in the Battle of Calamity!

I appreciate everyone who nominated me as a severely incapable leader of men for this moment. I had a lot of fun. We 'almost' had a phalanx put together, but I didn't quite get everyone on the same page. As soon as our phalanx began moving it fell apart. But I've always found a good battle cry and a dash of "Jenkins" will suffice in most situations.

OOC (thanks to the puppet master who controls Nerull and the other orcs. This was all due to them. Had they not provided the host of orcs to fight, our unit of men probably would have turned on each other!)
    Xuthakug, Vlar, garvey and 3 others like this.
  5. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Here are the pictures that my squire was able to document whilst hiding behind the bushes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After the Battle of Calamity, the Disparate Fighters still had some fight left, so we took it to the Ancient Wyrms! (note a few peasants, bards, and sailors were definitely maimed and/or decapitated)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Xuthakug, Keza, Vlar and 5 others like this.
  6. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

The day started spontaneous and small and human invaders kept coming into the evening.
    urk4.jpg
    urk3.jpg
    URK1.jpg
    urk2.jpg
    Jupiter, Xuthakug and Vishakt like this.
  7. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

I just wanted to give my sincere thanks to the orcs for battle'n with us. It really tickled a good ol' days type of nostalgia for me. Had many scary, at first when I was a noob on Siege, and fun fights with the orcs on a couple shards.

I'll never forget being with a group of 10 or so guild mates running around in Shame shortly after Siege went up. I was the only guy with a lantern and no one had regs or magery to cast night sight. Well we ran into a pack of urks, we clashed with them after refusing twibuut here and there... eventually I became a target due to my lantern. LOL I remember turning it off so clearly.

Ahhh... Random story time done.

Oh and on Siege the undead rpers fought with the orcs against the good guys, any of those deadiesssssss still around here?

Make our own damn RP faction game with Order Chaos? Have our own damn rules and enforcement.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    Savage, Jupiter, Ragnarok and 3 others like this.
  8. Vishakt

Vishakt Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

G.o..o.d So.u.ls.ss Vlar. We still skulk about here and there but UND hasn't had any real traction that I know of since AI. I've been orcing it up off and on for the last several years.
    Jupiter and Vlar like this.
  9. Xuthakug

Xuthakug Member

Such an awesome time! Thanks to all that participated, especially the 7 or so uruks that came out! Was good to see Omeg, haven't seen our Orcish Sheep Stalker in a long time.

Reminder to all that Bloodrock Clan is always recruiting! For the first time in years, we would like to have a few "squads" for different tactics (stealth archers, tanks, ect...)

These squads will be led by an orcish Lord like Vish or an orcish Captain. These squads will train ferociously to perfect thier niche in orcish tactics.
    Jupiter, Vlar and Vishakt like this.
  10. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

It was totally spontaneous fun! I love when things just happen rather than planned out. We loved every minute of it. Gave us a lot of memories back from great lakes, we fought like that nightly at the fort. We hope to do more of that.
    Jupiter, Vlar, Ragnarok and 1 other person like this.