Britannia Zoning Department - Land Rush Phase 1

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

/facepalm

Let no good deed go unpunished.

Falcon, if you want the small plot I have in the super remote location it's all yours. Just get the deed and PM when ready. In fact, I'm fairly certain when the land around it opens up, no one else will place there either. 0 Spawn, 0 visitors, it's all here waiting for you to meditate in.
  2. Freakzilla

Freakzilla Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I was also waiting for different locations to open up, as I like being a recluse as well. I decided to actually take a look at the areas that were initially opened at the server birth, and found a nice spot for a small tower...all secluded, and waterfront. I was quite pleased, as this will be a training camp for my toons. I had already purchased the deeds for the houses I want, when the area opens up that I desire, but now I have a bonus house, which fits perfect for my training requirements. Quite an accomplishment for me to come out of my crabby attitude about not wanting to live in the areas that were initially opened. What I'm saying is, I'm pretty hard headed, but got a nice surprise in the end.
  3. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hope to grab a larger than 7x7 plot to train in for the time being. It should be a fun day and I can't wait!
  4. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

I like the idea of phased housing however like the seclued spot Im currently at. What's great is I have more time to save gold for a large that I can place in the 2/3/4th phase. Everyone wont like all the descisions the GMs make however everyone is entitled to have an opinion. I appreciate that the GMs are sharing thoughts on IRC of the server's direction and why certain decisions are being made. They're doing a great job in making UOR a great place to play - for free!

Also, Falcon is not an all ME type of player. When I started beta, he was very kind in helping me out - instructing me what to do to get going, helping with gold for skills and regs, a full spellbook, etc. What he did is an example of what we all should be doing - helping new players get going.

A thought about UOR IRC, players are extremely helpful in answering questions, people that cuss it up with nonsense are booted making it more family friendly, and the GMs interact with the playerbase. The IRC for server I used to frequent was close to pointless, aside from contacting others for trades, friends, etc. I found little help there so this is refreshing and how it should be.
  5. Vagingo

Vagingo Member

are house deeds blessed here?
  6. DarkWing

DarkWing Senior Counselor
    Senior Counselor

yes they are
  7. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

House deeds are newbied, they are not blessed. They will remain with the player when they die, but only if the player is not a murderer & the deed remains in the top level of your backpack. Putting a house deed inside a container will cause it to fall to your corpse in the container it was placed in if you happen to die.
  8. Vagingo

Vagingo Member

land rush would be alot more fun if they werent newbied
  9. jukeboxhero

jukeboxhero New Member

ahahhahaha, dude, i could just imagine the nerd rage.
  10. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

Can you imagine if Thieves could drag stuff around you pack into your pouches... :lol:
  11. DarkWing

DarkWing Senior Counselor
    Senior Counselor

NO!
  12. Six

Six Member

Legit. I'd go there, Chris.
  13. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

That was fun stuff. Thanks to all the staff for their hard work.