Building a piano (deco)

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Leopold, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

If you have any experience building pianos for deco, please let me know. I found a few guides online that talked about 4 different types of folded cloth required (I don't think we have them here) and a lot of stacking items into crates and breaking the crates. I assume that was all about getting the layers correct, but fortunately we have the deco tool which makes this much easier.

Anyway, here is my first attempt. I used the following:

- 2 chessboards (1 plat each at rewards vendor)
    - 3 writing tables
    - folded cloth purchased from NPCs, both in piles of 1 and 2, dyed black
    - fancy shirts dyed black
    - cloaks dyed black
    - doublet dyed black

I started by placing the writing tables with the "high" side facing south on each and locked them down. I dropped the two chessboards and locked those down. Then I started throwing down black clothing and cloth in a trial-and-error manner, locking them down and raising/lowering them until I got what you see here. It didn't take a long time and I think I could do better, but I am concerned that if I were to start over the next one might not be as nice.

I'm hoping some of you have done it as well and can offer some pointers or instructions. I also want to make a harpsichord, which I will attempt soon.

Finally, I need some sheet music, which unfortunately seems to be a rare spawn and probably difficult to get.

[​IMG]

So if anyone knows how how to do this better please let me know.

Thanks!
    Ahirman, Twister, Rextacy and 3 others like this.
  2. Balian

Balian Active Member

(I used this video as a guide)

Final product:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    Manbearpig and Leopold like this.
  3. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Looks like a similar method to what I used. After I get a good harpsichord indoors, I'll try the grand piano a few more times until I feel like I can consistently get good results, then I'll try to rebuild this one. Since @Balian's pic was named Beethoven, I'll post this video for everyone's enjoyment. This is real-life "endgame content" for those of us who play piano.

Balian and Imbol like this.