Bye Bye from your old buddy Shad!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by shad, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Merry Christmas Shad! Some of us are on the fence ready to step away. Congrats on pulling the trigger. UO is a great experience and it sucks you right in. Time once past is never to be regained. Use it wisely! See if you can hold out against the urges! :)
  2. Cordelia Black

Cordelia Black Well-Known Member

What can i say that wasnt said in IRC?

Youre a great guy,obviously. :)
    I only wish you find as much success now and always in life,and happiness,as you have on UOR and that you get promotions,bonuses (or a new job?).
    Kids grow older without becoming too rebellious and crazy durint the teen years :p i wish you everything that you wish for yourself and your family,may it come true in one or five years. Farewell my friend!
    shad likes this.
  3. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Hi Shad, like the others I'm sorry to see you go as you've really been such a friendly, positive presence in the UOR community, as has Julien. I was looking forward to eventually meeting Rose, too :) I remember when Faber stopped playing for similar reasons and have to agree that Christmas is a very good time to make the break and share all your positivity with you girlfriend and kids. Take care of yourself, my friend, and all good fortune with your family :)
  4. NerK

NerK Well-Known Member

Good reason to Kal Ort Por back to real-life!

See ya on the flip side!
    Nerk
  5. Cordelia Black

the one thing to take away here,is that your time here was not wasted as you can see, both you and your son were appreciated and well liked and well known. Everyone will miss you,but everyone understands why you have to go my friend. WIth love,
    /Erik (Yes,i am a male, just named after my main character on the forums :p but shad knows that haha)
    You will be missed,but not forgotten.I suck at this so im gonna quote star trek. Live long and Prosper buddy. :) Yes,spock used the word buddy!
    shad and Vandalin like this.
  6. Cordelia Black

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? :D
    UO is love,UO is life.
    But real life ,is really real though. All i can do is harken back to my posts above,and like you ,try to put some friendly jokes in to hide how saddened i am by the news even though i talked to shad on IRC and read here,and fully understand him and support his decision. Doesnt mean i wont miss his presence around here. :(
    shad likes this.
  7. Cordelia Black

Sometimes the right thing for a person to do at any point in their life,is also the hardest or the one thing they dont want to do. But to have the strength to do it shows strength of character and @shad i respect you all the more for it. :) I will not post any more farewells,i think you know that i both fully support your decision and truly will miss you .. one does not exclude the other :) :(
    shad likes this.
  8. Cordelia Black

pixels are pixels.. the true treasure is found in the words written to you here. And all the people who wrote them to you and you alone. All the friends and memories that you will take with you as you leave. That is true wealth, when even though nobody can give a good argument to make you stay,even though we all want to, we love you back and can only respect you choosing to give more time to your family as a christmas gift. Time is after all,the most precious thing in the world aside from our children.

Onwards to the world outside UO!
    Sarek.jpg
    Halabinder, One, shad and 2 others like this.
  9. shad

shad Well-Known Member

10. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

Awww sad to see you go but I think you made a great decision.
    Cordelia Black, Cherie and shad like this.
  11. Hiji Zuru

Hiji Zuru Well-Known Member

Hey man, I only just arrived so I cannot say that I got a chance to really get to know you but I can tell by the number of people saying very nice things that you meant alot to this shard. I wish you best in your new non-gaming life. I know the day for me to do the same is probably going to arrive in the next 2-3 years and I can only hope to leave with as many friends and as much respect as you have gotten here. Cheers!
    Gutscrank, Cordelia Black and One like this.
  12. shad

shad Well-Known Member

Thank you for you kind words @Hiji Zuru. Its really appreciated.
    Have fun with people here, they are great.GL with my loti!
    Cordelia Black likes this.
  13. shad

shad Well-Known Member

I think i will print all your messages and read it in case of emergency.
    UO itch is real!(ask to @ReZon or @LanDarr)
  14. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

As soon as you think you are out.... UOR... She pulls you back in
    PaddyOBrien, Cordelia Black and shad like this.
  15. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

I was gonna say why print them when you can just come read them on the forums, BUT I changed my mind! I'll stop hugging them trees. Print away. The forums will just start the itch!

That's right, take advice from one who quit and returned again! It obviously worked so well for me haha

EDIT: Cordie's last post gave me the warm and fuzzies.
    Cordelia Black and ReZon like this.
  16. Cordelia Black

i merely wrote what i believe to be true for me, and obviously,my truth resonated with you and yours, I truly believe that my own wealth and anyones wealth in a gaming community espeeccialy one as close knit as this..the memories and adventures and people you met along the way to earning your pixels are the true wealth. Youll carry those with you outside the game and even if you quit, nobody can take that away from you. You can loose your pixels but you will never loose the memories you made aqquiring them.

I am glad that someone recognized that i spoke impulsively,from the heart and gave my truth and what i believe to be *the* truth to Shad. A man i never got to call friend but whom i always had many friendly minor interactions with,and chats in IRC PM's. I will remember him a year from now too. He will have all of his memories.

@shad it is hard to leave not because of any pixelss but because of the people here. But like you remember everyone you befriended and helped and who helped you achieve yoour ingame goals,they will remember you too. Thats true wealth. Pixels are nothing. Theyre value only lasts while you have them. Memories are forever. :)

I will say no more, i believe me and everyone else have proven that you mattered,and that your memories of us all are your true wealth,and you get to take that with you for life. :)
    shad likes this.
  17. shad

shad Well-Known Member

Well, its the "D" day.

Thank you for all your kind words.

Tonight i will format my computer to make it real.

Have fun and LONG LIFE TO UOR!
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    wylwrk likes this.
  18. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

All the best brother. Give my regards to @Julien as well. You will be missed, but that is a good thing.
  19. diran

diran Well-Known Member

You will be missed man have a good life away from uor
    shad likes this.
  20. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Best of luck out there @shad!
    shad likes this.