Bye UOR. Houses give away for free

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by KIT, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Spankrox

Spankrox Active Member

You didn't know where the occlo moongate was, and between me spamming PMs in irc and chasing you around in game yelling KIT FOLLOW ME I showed you lol.

I agree about housing. It's important and there are too many empty houses being refreshed.
    1mil will get you a tower + 500k to restock. It's up to you.
  2. KIT

KIT Member

as i am a solo player, i don;t know these guilds exist.

please let me know or have them contact me, i am happy to give them all i have.

support a guild can help more players rather than giving all resource to just one person.
  3. KIT

KIT Member

i remember that hide and seek !!! hahaa ~ yes. It was my 1st or 2nd day of playing in this shard...Ocllo was new to me haha ~ you helped me a lot! Thanks!

And thanks for your offer. You are kind.
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

You have a natural opportunity to start over again? I envy you!

Progressing as a newbie is bar none the best part of UO. Let us know how it goes, will ya?
    Orion GM BD, Sheepdog and Kiryana like this.
  5. shopshopshop

shopshopshop Active Member

I'm just starting out and would appreciate any help you might want to give, especially one of the houses! Good luck in your travels. :)
  6. newme

newme Well-Known Member

From my experience in UO, going back to 1997, it's not unusal to lose things. I've had (in past) lost 2 homes and all my belongings to pker guilds. Only things left were what in bank and in stables.

It's not a pleasant thing to go through; but, it's not horribly difficult to recover. I have always been grateful I didn't just quit UO.

Suggestions. If you truly enjoy playing here, why leave? I know it's discouraging losing things, but they are pixels. The player community and staff are great here. Why not stay and put your loses down to learning lessons. Rebuild. If you decide to stay, many of us will assist you.

If you decide to leave, I wish the best for you in your next game adventures.

Marjo Governess of Wispfelt Village

Westra on IRC
    Orion GM BD, Lestat, Theodin and 2 others like this.
  7. It'sallALark

It'sallALark Well-Known Member

Houses are overrated. You should give it another go.

There's a lot of buttheads here (me included)

but there's also a core good group that will help you out and go on adventures with you
    Orion GM BD, newme and wylwrk like this.
  8. Remington

Remington Well-Known Member

Wow, hopefully you were able to track the guy who did this to him's ip and ban any associated accounts. I cant believe there are people who even try this sort of thing here. All for uo pixles very sad.
    newme and Spankrox like this.
  9. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

It sucks to think whoever did this is probably reading this thread as well.
    Hydrox and newme like this.
  10. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

They must be because after the user said a GM could track them via the house they placed over his house they re deeded the house.

It's one of those nets closing in situations.

I think the dirty thing done here was the deletion of characters.

Where I understand - but in NO WAY agree with - dry looting an account where someone's got bad security, I cannot comprehend adding injury to insult and deleting characters too.

Low
    As
    Fuck
    Orion GM BD, Mr. Green and newme like this.
  11. KIT

KIT Member

YO, everything is done.

Sandstone Patio
    P1 ---- 1 x in east Minoc --- House was given to Kirby (P'S). He and his guild will help new players with the house.
    P2 ---- 1 x in Dagger Island (Iceland) --- House was given to Kirby (P'S). He and his guild will help new players with the house.
    P3 ---- 1 x in Dagger Island (Iceland, in great mining spot)- - House was given to Kirby (P'S). He and his guild will help new players with the house.
    Small House
    1 x in east Minoc --- House was given to player: Tuneful
    S1 ---- 1 x in Dagger Island ---- House was given to Sheepdog. (he said he will place a public patio for taming trainers)

The last thing i talked to Chris was this:

I said, even i used a dumb password, the person who sneak in my account and took all my stuff, deleted my characters. This is still a crime. As Chris said, all accounts/characters in this shard update altogether, he cannot recover just my account. That's fine because i deserved it. But I wish he could trace the person down no matter what method he can use. Block that person's account(s).

If you found a lost bank card in the street, you guess the password and successfully withdrawing money from the account without the owner's permission. This is still a crime. THe police can catch you and send you to jail.

AGAIN. I love this shard and the community and the spirit here. Thanks for all the staff and the helpful players.

BYE
    Xegugg and newme like this.
  12. Krothu

Krothu Well-Known Member

Kit if you ever decide to come back I'll help you get restarted anyway I'm able to. Until then.... "Fare Thee Well Traveler"
    newme likes this.
  13. Remington

Remington Well-Known Member

You didnt deserve it. Just like people who leave their house unlocked and get broken into dont deserve it. I hope this guy gets banned, however, I understand that Chris has the burden of somehow proving that you didnt give this guy account access before he can take action. A sad situation.
    newme likes this.
  14. ham

ham Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

@KIT I mean from Telemon's side, even if was able to track down the theif I can imagine it would be terribly difficult to reverse all the damage the theif maybe did. Remember when the bad GM copied items and tried to kill the economy and they had do go through all the trouble in order to not restore the database from a previous date? Short of a database rollback, which would affect everyone, I can't imagine there would be a good way to resolve the issue.

Regardless, you should consider staying... if you need help, I can help you. If you were Pretty I do remember you giving me second tames in my Jhelom pit days so I'd be happy to give back :)
  15. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

@KIT if you do decide to stay, Project Sanctuary will happily return the houses you donated to us. We'd much rather see more good players on the server than have more guild property.

If you do decide to still leave, they will be put to good use helping new players, in keeping with your wishes.
  16. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

17. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

Thank you for the consistent notifications, Matron.
    Pill, Vandalin and wylwrk like this.
  18. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

No problem @Mandevu
  19. Hydrox

Hydrox Well-Known Member

I'll build up an account for you with any specs you want minus a tamer, and put you up in a deco'd tower with a mil of play money to get back on your feet, under the stipulation that the people that you gave things too, will return them to keep a good player.. This is horse shit.
    Orion GM BD, Vandalin, One and 2 others like this.
  20. Spankrox

Spankrox Active Member

My million still stands too.

This is why UO:R is #1.
    Hydrox likes this.