Can we add a counsellor or seer?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by FreeHugger, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Yeah, I could live without it, for sure.
  2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Every single UO shard I have played on has had an issue with corrupt GMs at one point or another. I've seen corruption ranging from small item additions to massive server wipes throughout my experience on OSI, Sphere shards, Pre-T2A/Post-UOR RUO shards, and unfortunately the person that suffers most is usually the admin of the server that put in thousands of hours of effort into creating an environment for players to enjoy the game. I'm not trying to be negative, but this is the sad truth of it; absolute power corrupts absolutely and it's amazing how fast some people will let becoming a seer/counselor/IRC moderator go to their heads.

In my opinion staff appointments should only be handled by Telamon and only when he is 100% on board with someone, one rushed decision because of the player bases insistence for additional content can have catastrophic repercussions on the shard, which would mean that Telamon would have to spend countless hours of time/effort cleaning it up.
    One, Zyler and Gideon Jura like this.
  3. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    LanDarr, Vishakt and Deacon like this.
  4. TheUORnerd

TheUORnerd Active Member

Having a counselor strickly in charge of player engagement is not a bad idea. I guess we can wait till Gideon randomly becomes staff in secret.
    Xegugg likes this.
  5. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

I also nominate Captain Morgan to push the button
    One likes this.
  6. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  7. Aya

Aya Active Member

I will second it if he lets me push it one time!!!
    Xegugg likes this.
  8. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I nominate myself for the seer title.

I will adorn the lands with many silver serpents with laser beams on their frickin heads.

It will be wonderful.
  9. FreeHugger

FreeHugger Well-Known Member

100% agree, also lots of us don't have the time, and yes it takes time and effort to plan events like Chumbucket and jup and snap do....

but I COULD try and plan some playing time around a scheduled time, IE, if I know CTF or some form of organized PvP is going on thursday at 9pm my time, id do my best to be on, if even just for that.
  10. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

This is what I've been thinking of when I read this thread:

http://uorforum.com/threads/shard-status-update-staff-changes.23980/

11. FreeHugger

Then you very clearly only read the title
  12. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Really? I must be missing a page then, cuz every reply I see to this post is about wanting a staff member who can start events (or who should be that staff member), or making them automated. I wonder why my browser isn't showing the other replies. Weird, right?
  13. FreeHugger

Most replies are about making them automated, automation generally means no involvement from staff, but hey, what do I know?
  14. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

CTF sucks. More group pvp tournaments and events that bring people out of Trammel and take risks. The pvp will work itself out, as it always does during these types of events.
  15. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

I think it's safe to assume that if Telamon was going to make events automated, he would have already, instead of designing an entire system for allowing players to activate them. I know you're the first person to ever think of automated events, but Telamon is a very smart guy.
  16. FreeHugger

Scheduled events, and it's not my idea. It's a multitude of people who crave this.

Why are you in the thread anyways? You just fish. PvP isn't your thing and that's totally cool, just meddle elsewhere.
  17. FreeHugger

Sure, but CTF is already there and people know about it. It's less labour intensive than trying to create and hype up a new event.
  18. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

I'm in this thread because I enjoy CTF, but can rarely make them. I can voice my opinion in this thread if I want to, milord. I don't think I'm going to start asking your permission to reply to threads. And I do a lot more than just fish.
    Pekka likes this.
  19. FreeHugger

I'll decide.
  20. TheUORnerd

TheUORnerd Active Member

Listen stop being scared of trust issues truth is we can only control the things that are within are two hands trust is one of those things you can never fully have control over limit the dudes powers take away the power of speech take away the guys ability to walk or move around basically its a book clicker. Add a vote function to the IRC for when to start the said events for instance you run the vote +5 yeses = start ctf in 15. I feel like all the old vet players just take their turns to attack fresh ideas and are just salty so please if you have no new information or no new ideas just dont reply keep your opinions to yourself. We are trying to push the narrative not derail it constantly based on assumptions for which you have no evidence to support your claims.