Can you use Enchanced edition to play Renaissance? How?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Ohris, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Ohris

Ohris New Member

Hi,

UO bug bit me and I wanted to play the game again and after trying the official "free" I found out about Renaissance.
    If I understand correctly you can get all the content (using ship, placing houses etc) for free by playing renaissance?

But Is it possible to use the enchanced edition playing renaissance? The guide seems to use Razor and I think you can only use the "classic" edition with razor.

Is there a way?

Thanks.
  2. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

Dont know what enhanced edition is. But look up UO classic, a new client that takes this game into the 21st century
  3. Ohris

Ohris New Member

I mean the Enhanced Client that you can download from the official UO page (two choices to download either classic or enhanced edition)
    I tried launching it with Razor but it just uses the classic client.
  4. Buga

Buga Well-Known Member

Hey! welcome,

No, you cannot use Enhanced Client from oficial uo site, that client is for a wayyy newer Expansion than we have here in UOR.

You have the complete experience here in Uo Renaissance for free, it is and old school shard, a great recreation of the "gold era" of Ultima Online from year 99-00.

As merlin said, you can still use http://uorforum.com/threads/classicuo-an-open-source-ultima-online-classic-client.43851/

That client is awesome, it's like the Classic Client but it has a lot of neat fetures, including resize screen, smooth as silk FPS, and many many other goodies.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  5. Ohris

Ohris New Member

Thanks I will definitely install this client asap after watching the videos. Looks tons better than the normal/official classic version.