Capture the Flag Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Chris, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Actually that was probably Cynic. I voted for both, but thanks for making an ass out of you and you.
  2. Var

Var Active Member

HA! Clearly it was CTF douche 1 and 3, NOT douche 1 and 2! You were only half right about douche 2...he voted for both! ASS!
    Mes likes this.
  3. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

Nevermind, not feeding the troll.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  4. Var

Var Active Member

I think "the troll" was just saying x amount of votes is pretty big for the active amount of players we have now. We know the "players online" is a joke compared to how many are out and about playing the game.

On the other hand, im sure a decent chunk of x amount doesnt even play it today for one reason or another.
  5. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member

I voted for a mix of both randomized and chosen teams as I feel that is a better direction to take CTF.
    Cynic likes this.
  6. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

I realize that, but the numbers were shaved four times in one sentence.
  7. Var

Var Active Member

My man Cynic right now...

:D
  8. The hound

The hound Active Member

Let me ask you this.

How many active CTF players do you think exist?

Key word players .. not characters.

100?
    1000?
    40?

I know everytime I go I see virtually the same 15 to 20 "people".

Call me a troll for crunching numbers all you want but all I am pointing out is that 40 votes probably reflects the entire CTF community and perhaps a few extra.

While we are talking numbers.. point to where they were shaved once let alone four times in my post or is that another exaggeration
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  9. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

1) You said 40 votes when it was 37, 2) 400 dailies? There are more than 400 logged in sometimes. I looked on another shard's stats and dailies were like 70% over the average logins - if these numbers are available here, I don't know where. 3) 400/3 is 133 not 120, 4) and not everyone farms afk rewards plat (and even if they did they'd run out of hours before the month was up). So yeah, I read the post as disingenuous.

I don't afk plat. I didn't vote because I wasn't reading the forums. Some people don't have forum accounts at all.

As for how many people play CTF actively, I don't know because I'm extremely bad with who is who's alts and the word active is vague.
  10. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

it took you five lines to type nothing

you actually took the time to argue the difference between a 2-35 vote and a 2-37 vote. A lot of people voted for random teams vs not random teams. That's his point. He wasn't being disingenuous, you're just so obstinate that no amount of evidence about what the majority of the players would like to see can get through to you.
  11. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

Ugh. That's what shaving means. I'm now typing a reply - to a criticism - to a requested reply - to a post dug up from the graveyard. No mas.

How about this thread for evidence of where things stand now? After a quick scan, it looks like:

Mix (12): Bart, Cynic, Lightshade, Basoosh, Random, Blaise, Amfekk, Tuco, Mandevu, Halabinder, Bogugh, Timbo Slice
    All Random (6): El Horno, Air, Dalavar, Napo, Mes, The Hound
    None (2): Var, Phuzzylogic
    DGAF (1): Ducky
    Guys...GUYS...REALLY? (2): Xegugg, Vlar

Which one of these categories looks overweight, so far?

If I have anyone in the wrong place, let me know and I'll edit. I'll try to talk to people on the lobby as well.

---
    Change log: Added Timbo, Moved Mes to match his position on his own list. Added hound.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    Halabinder likes this.
  12. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Sure, I'll let you know. Cynic, Bart, Blaise, Amfekk, Bogugh, and Mandevu want it to stay how it is. They may say in this thread that they want a mix for the sake of appearing moderate, but they are not being sincere (yes, I am speaking for you, but I've not patience for further bullshitting, you can agree that I'm right or continue bullshitting, if you prefer, I expect no less.) All of those people know that there are so many people that want random teams that they are willing to give up some for the sake of appearing reasonable.

I think they should be all random. I've said as much many times, to Telamon personally, who has made it fairly clear that he does not want to feel obligated to change a system he felt should have been finished. Months ago many people came here to vote on it and request it to be random. I did not start that thread or poll. I did not vote for those people. I know you can't possibly believe that there is an overwhelming majority that disagrees with your position. But there is. And many of those people aren't here now to speak their mind because they already have and have given this up as a lost cause and moved on to other pastimes. I can't speak for all of those 37 votes, but I can speak for 5-10 people that would have regularly attended the last few months if random teams had been implemented. I bet you could recreate the same poll and come up with an only selected teams majority, because at this point a large amount of players have given up.

You know, you try to take some position like the people you're arguing against are unreasonable and exaggerating, yet you made that list as dishonestly as you could. This is what your list looks like to me:
    random only: xeg, mes, phuzzy, var, vlar, ducky, el horno, air, dalavar, napo, lightshade, basoosh
    mix: basoosh, halabinder, mandevu
    likes tacos: cynic
    selected teams: bart, blaise

CLEARLY everyone wants random only.

If you want to be taken seriously, try being reasonable. All you came here to do was help protect your little coalition. Just say it and stop beating around the bush. I'd like to think we're past the point of pretenses. I have cited a poll that most accurately and fairly allowed players to vote on what they wanted. You can go to CTF, prompt some random (and not random) people for the answer you're looking for, then come back here and claim that they chose what you intended them to, do you know how dumb that would be? If I go to a Braves game and ask people if they like baseball, can I walk out of there and scientifically say the whole world likes baseball? For that matter, can you be trusted to conduct a poll fairly in any way? I fully believe you can make a push poll and come back here with some numbers. But it doesn't mean shit. However, that poll from September does.
    Vlar likes this.
  13. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

The only thing clear here is that your head is so far up your ass, you can't formulate an argument without homophobic insults and calling people liars. What purpose would it serve for anyone to be insincere about wanting more CTF options? How does that make any sense at all?

One thing I know is really clear to some, is that you've effectively muted yourself in the ears of staff here already so I'm not even sure why you still bother posting. lol

Oh, and for what it's worth, the Team system was developed based on the feedback from the players who played CTF here from Beta onward. Perhaps that should have been a poll instead of just playing the game for a year and working with Telamon.
  14. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Telamon knows that I have fair views on mechanics and that I don't ask for what benefits me and that I think about the repercussions of proposed mechanics. You might say he's turned his back on me, but we both know that isn't why, and I don't intend to bring it up here. No grudge of mine with anyone would cause me to ask for changes that wouldn't benefit this server. I want UOR to be the best server it can be. You do know that you are the village idiot of UOR and not me, right? I definitely have rivals here. I have people like you that polarize against me for the sake of doing so and follow me from thread to thread, but that doesn't make what I say untrue. If what I say is untrue, be specific and I'd be glad to respond.

Here is how I think CTF should be:

• Random teams only
    • No platinum rewards (At most one plat trophies for leader positions regardless of the team)
    • Incognito upon entry
    • Time given to join party/strategize (if auto party is cod-able, even better)
    • No trammel ruselet events
    I could also get behind voting on allowing magics/runics/purple pots, but I think truly random teams are a big step in the right direction. In truth I don't think there should be any instanced events on the server (not even the Christmas or AMIB ones), but I concede that people have enjoyed a lot of these things and that makes them successful systems.

By the way, you aren't the only one familiar with the CTF system in it's original form. In fact I think I took part in this system quite a bit more than you did in those days, and the database seems to support that. I have no idea why you think you have a more informed opinion on it than me.
    One, Random, Vlar and 1 other person like this.
  15. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

While you, and many other failboats before you, seem to think I follow you, you are sorely mistaken. I understand you have a massive ego to maintain, so if that helps you to think that way, I won't try to stop you. I don't need to spell out every single detail of how incorrect that is, but I'll keep it simple in saying that I follow these forums, care about the shard and the name next to the post means literally nothing to me. As I've stated and you've opted to ignore several times now, I will debate with anyone and everyone and my best discourse has been with my closest friends.

Feel free to keep calling me a liar, an idiot, gay, whatever makes you feel better about how far down in the dumps you've worked your way.

I know full well how you got yourself ignored and don't need to bring it up here to remind you that you're wasting your time because you've already silenced yourself.

Here's how I think CTF should be:

Without Mes

Yay! I get what I want, again.

Edited for italics, because it's cool.
    Edited again because Mes lags on edits: I never implied I was the only one familiar with CTF in its original form. Keep sucking those superlatives. They're really helping your cause.
  16. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

It's ironic that a guy so loud has nothing to say worth hearing.
  17. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

For CTF, I would like to see some random teams assignments and some team signup
    I like playing with the orcs but also like how those who have a team down can play together
  18. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

I agree with all of this. Incognito upon entry would be hilarious, I never even thought of that.
  19. The hound

The hound Active Member

Shit got real.

Blaise I wouldn't rage against someone for homophobic responses as a defense.. i could fill a whole page with those quotes from you.

I'm not getting why people are arguing about this: a poll was made.. people voted.. people got upset.. the end
  20. The hound

The hound Active Member

P.s. full random please.