Chapter 3 - A Dark Meeting

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Gharik, May 28, 2014.

1. Gharik

Gharik Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

After witnessing the unsettling sight of the thousands of empty graves, I decided to investigate further. I journeyed back to Trinsic and crept silently back into the forest. Before I managed to travel halfway to the Undead Fortress, I sensed a great power... a great, but evil power.

As I came to a clearing in the forest, I saw three shadowed figures. One was unmistakably Gharik Darkmoor, his sheer size was second to none. The second figure was average in size, but had a great evil look about him. That must be Gharik's second in command, Brymstone. Brymstone was one of Gharik's old lieutenants, he recruited and turned the undead for The Guardian. The third seemed to be nothing more than a cloaked man, but the flaming eyes underneath suggested otherwise. It was this cloaked figure that the immense power radiated from... My worst fears were confirmed. The Guardian has indeed returned to the realm of Sosaria.

The meeting had already begun, but I get the feeling that He was waiting for an audience. The flaming eyes locked with mine, and I had my answer. He knew I was neutral... He wanted me here to record the terrible events that were about to unfold. However, I'm not sure Gharik or Brymstone shared his sentiment, so I stepped into the shadows to get close enough to listen.

"Masterrr.... The Legion hasss assembled. We've scoured most of the graveyardsss in this land. Britain wassss left undisturbed, per your ordersss.... Brymstome managed to reanimate and turn most of the corpsesss... He didn't sssseem to have much trouble. He's been watching over most of the tombsss, waiting for your glorious return. I destroyed those that would not submit to our will..." Gharik's booming voice trailed off.

Brymstone stood silently. The skeleton seemed to be here to simply relay orders to the other Council members. Gharik considered such work beneath him.

The Guardian paused for an uncomfortable amount of time. Then nodded slowly, "Good. Have the minions continue construction of the Mausoleum. Have the forges burning night and day... Take a small group and begin raiding the small, outlying villages. It's time we burn fear into the hearts of men. Leave a few battered survivors so they can spread rumors of the horror they witness." The Guardian's voice was no more than a whisper, and yet I'm certain it could be heard for miles. He removed his hood, revealing a blood-red skull and cackled. The sound was one of the most awful, and yet awe inspiring things I've ever heard.

Gharik and Brymstone kneeled, turned, then headed toward the Undead Fortress.

I clutched my Rune marked "Trinsic Inn" and whispered, "Kal Ort Por"
    Last edited: May 30, 2014