Character of respective factions?

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Geo, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Yeah, what a few months ago there was upwards of 20 people all fielding at once with 5+ versus 5+ getting attacked by yet a third group. Things were a whole hell of a lot of fun for about a week. hahaha, then it went back to tears about ganks and numbers and collusion. No real mystery why that never lasts when people feel the need to throw stones about every win and/or loss for whatever boring reason.

If there is combat, there will be complaints and bickering.
    HateCrime and Mindless like this.
  2. napo

napo Well-Known Member

It doesn't last because the average person around here doesn't deal with defeat well.

Anyway, factions is pretty dead around here. I wouldn't bother. Maybe in a month or two when the next big anti-SL revival happens.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Not everyone's willing to resort to piss poor tactics and bug abuse when defeat is imminent or they need a cheap victory to brag about. Some folks just go try anyway. Shame there aren't more folks like that around.
  4. napo

napo Well-Known Member

I think everyone has tactics they consider cheap, and no one really agrees on what constitutes "cheap tactics".
    For example, many consider res killing a cheap tactic. In SL, we consider people ressing and hopping back into a fight immediately to be cheap tactics, and res killing is a way to nip this in the bud.
    Before a discussion on the ethics of res killing, this is not the primary problem, just an example of a topic on which people don't see eye to eye.
    There's also a great deal of hypocrisy when it comes to dirty tactics, some of the biggest gankers on the server are the loudest voices whining about ganking.
    Liberation and RollinTheTweed like this.
  5. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

and some people bake ziti
  6. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

of course Blaise knows nothing about any of this, because he doesn't pvp, I mean he refers to real pvp in his sig and it points at a trammel event. Also, when he says some folks just go try anyway, he means no one... no one does that.
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Not everyone's man enough to bake ziti for their children's team dinner either. Sometimes, a man's gotta bake what a man's gotta bake. Just ask Mobolin.

FYI Kane: This image in my sig was made by your guildmates, turd. There's clearly lots of "real pvp going on" in their well decorated fortress. hahahaha
  8. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

i think the point is there was real pvp going on during ctf

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

but honestly, i dont care what you do. I know you guys don't have the courage to hit the field these days.
    Kane and El Horno like this.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

lol, courage. It's a video game you dork.

You do care what we do, which is why you come to CTF lobbies to try and act badass by not playing. Talk smack about those who do play. Carry on and on about how your numbers don't lie as though anyone gives a shit about your stats. It's all good man, I don't come camp your daily field fights on blues going "Why don't you come to CTF?" so how about demonstrate how little you claim to care by not showing how much you really do?
  10. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Lib posted that to tease you. I really don't care what you do. I came into that CTF lobby to say hi before I logged out since we heard com wasn't coming back. Look at me "talking smack" and "acting badass." You big pompous baby. 5500 forum posts and it's just a game huh. I think we both know exactly how much it stings when you're running your mouth and someone says 'who cares you don't pvp.'

You see: Pax Romain
    You see: (Defender, True Britannians)
    You see: Viciousness
    a horse: (tame)
    You see: a horse
    You see: Ethan
    Blaise: [King of OoO, A^T]
    You see: Blaise
    Viciousness: my hot keys
    The Dank Nugget: hey dooders
    Viciousness: are
    The Dank Nugget: whats new
    Viciousness: your mom
    Viciousness: OOOOOoo

Blaise: sup brohamster
    The Dank Nugget: great work big blaise
    Viciousness: Ooooooo
    The Dank Nugget: what did you and bart have for dinner
    Pax Romain: gj blaise
    Viciousness: OOoooooo
    Viciousness: Ooooo

Blaise: your mom's ass
    Blaise: damn
    Blaise: hahaha

Viciousness: hahaha
    Blaise: we're super mature
    Viciousness: Mes
    Blaise: and shit
    Blaise: hey, gg out there SL

Ethan: Wis Quas [Reveal]
    Viciousness: lol
    Xegugg: [Eldur Goth, URK] (Chaos)
    You see: Xegugg
    Viciousness: fucking
    Blaise: how's your punkte ass doin?
    Viciousness: ugly ass llama
    Blaise: hahaha
    Viciousness: you guys got bad taste
    The Dank Nugget: you got a nasty mouth
    Viciousness: crooks rides a llama
    Ethan: you can cast reveal but not invis
    Ethan: interesting
    Ethan: bank
    Blaise: like I said
    The Dank Nugget: hope you all have a great night
    Viciousness: ....
    Blaise: your mom'sass
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yes, I understand you acted civil this time. *golf claps*
    Also, you missed the last line about where you said I got a nasty mouth and I agreed because as I said, I was eating your mom's ass and that shit's nasty son.
    [​IMG]

This is but one example of the many times you and/or your cronies came to shit up an event/CTF/dual arena, whatever. You claim to not care, but you care so much you ride all over everyone's nuts all day (how's that for superlative abuse) about who's doing what. How about you take your feigned civility and shove it up your punkte ass?
  12. Russell

Russell Well-Known Member

I remember finding and fighting a shadowlord in Brittain back in the day, think it was balla, maybe punt cant remember, anywho it was hot steamie combat fora few minutes, as soon as I redlined him once Mes recalled in and ganked me...
  13. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

That's called tactics bro, get good.

I recall listening to Pax engage Mes in the field a few times 1v1, only to get lured into a pack of waiting SL. This is not new practice. They make sure of their wins by disengaging whenever it is not a certain victory.
  14. Russell

another time, I killed Punt on his red waaaaaay out in the forest by the west mountains, somehow within 10 seconds of him dying Mes was there to avenge him, I am sure he called him in long before he died and it just took him a while to find him, but dam I barely had time to loot the poor guy
  15. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Shut up Russell, you don't even PvP. You just get lucky when that mega-pixel-dong falls on an enemy.
  16. Russell

just last night I was wondering around for my first time in game in over 3 months, and I come across a red killing walruses, he runs off screen and comes back a minute later with a blue trying to help him kill me, meanwhile I am not even on a pvp character and I have no hotkeys atm
  17. Russell

moral of the story is no one will actually pvp on this server they just call in ganks for quick kills, and there isnt really anything wrong with that I just dont see how that is fun at all, I blame voice chat like to see someone stop and type in party chat for ganks while im relentlessly pounding there face with corp pors and using my big dong slap fatality move to finish them off
  18. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Hey, bart was dueling just last night with Balla as his partner. Things are always changing!
  19. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Oh you're absolutely right. Pax and I can't kill each other in a 1on1 on the field. Just hold a gheal and watch the other guy blow mana. Worst case scenario you get stunned at a bad time and use a wand charge. But I most certainly had a plan to kill him if I was fighting.

I absolutely gank people. People try to gank me all the time. I outsmart them. I rarely am caught slipping. I would say 75% of our battles are begun by sending one person out as bait. The majority of our enemies won't come out unless it's a 5on1. That's how we started these fights with com last night. That's how we lured pax and bart into occlo a few nights ago.

I also don't view it as my job or position to find 1on1's or fights that my opponents deem as fair. I think it's my position to have a plan and lead a winning battle. Whether we're outnumbered or we're outnumbering our opponents. I'm the guy that won a fight in com base 1on11 with faction guards and spent 20 minutes taking the loot home. You've known forever that when you come to the battlefield that anything goes. Just about the only thing I won't do is ally with another faction.

I would much prefer a big even fight. That's what we got out of com, we just had to lure them out by making them think there was a solo SL standing around. SL shines in big even fights.

ie

Kane likes this.
  20. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

*golf claps*

Maybe some day I'll lose enough self respect to ghost faction bases and abuse everything I can imagine to secure 'wins', too. I know you're capable fighters and quite honestly the best group of pvpers here. That's what makes it even more disappointing when I see the pathetic shit you pull. Guess I'm just glad to not be a part of it on your side or the other at this point. Keep on keepin' on.