Character of respective factions?

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Geo, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Why would you? Ghosting ctf wouldn't give you much of an edge and it's not like you're going to field an orange. I honestly have never seen someone so concerned about facets of the game that they don't partake in.
  2. Pax Romain

Pax Romain Well-Known Member

I kill people using GH wands in field 1v1s all the time. Unless someone is bringing an ungodly amount of GH wands, I'm just going to make them burn through all their charges.
  3. napo

napo Well-Known Member

You know, I thought this whole ordeal at this random tournament was really tasteless behavior from you.
    I've come to expect somewhat Blaise-ish behavior, but that whole thing rubbed me the wrong way. We just showed up to support a tournament, and you really went wild talking shit about how we weren't signing up.
    You know, you don't have to participate in every one of them. I remember being personally not being interested because it was free use and the second I stepped through the door I saw people holding their vanq weapons making purple pot slurping sounds. I much prefer mage 5 dueling to free use.

It's funny that all this time later you're acting like we're the ones shitting up events when what really happened is that we showed up to watch and support the event and you started talking shit for no reason.

By the way, we aren't the only people who ghost, nor are we the only people who gank.
    I'm not sure why we're always being held to a standard that no one on the server adheres to, including the people calling us out on it.

I'm not sure you're in a position to call us out on it, either. You didn't ghost during your time in TB, but you used information given to you by your buddies that were all ghosting and on blue scouts. You cross teamed with Minax characters. You also went in on Bart with a few schemes to steal platinum from newbies, which is something that those of us in SL would have never done.
    TB led by blaise also abused guards. They abused pets, the cross-factioned, and so on and so on. I don't really know why you feel that you have any room to criticize us for "pathetic shit" since I can't really think of anything we've done that the faction you led didn't.

I don't know why people waste so much time and effort pretending to be any more ethical than anyone else. It would really be better for the pvp scene if some of you came out of denial and just started playing the game.

You guys should spend less time whining and less time stacking fish steaks and more time learning to play.
    That's really the difference between SL and the others. When we get knocked on our asses, we figure out a way to come back and win next time. Everyone else just whines about it for a bit and then stops pvping.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    Liberation, Geo, Mes and 1 other person like this.
  4. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Well you wouldn't kill me. The last time I recall dying in a 1on1 in the field where I used potions/wands was summer 2013.
  5. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

21:35 <~ Blaise> so if we so drop traps on an SL alt, all we need are 15 tucked into some fucked up remote corner of the world
    21:35 <~ Blaise> hahaha
    21:35 <~ Blaise> like the wilderness of Yew
    21:35 < Peace> nice... aint that collusion or conspiracy or some such C word
    21:36 <~ Blaise> no, I consider it abuse of mechanics
    21:36 <~ Blaise> hahaha
    21:36 < Peace> leveraging of mechanics
    21:36 <~ Blaise> but there's only so far I'm going trying to play against it
    21:36 <~ Blaise> before I just do the same
    21:36 <~ Blaise> Cynic can peacemake their tamers, we can put traps in the Yew jails where they'll never find/remove them, etc
    21:37 <~ Blaise> fuck'em
    21:37 <~ Blaise> lol
    Liberation likes this.
  6. Pax Romain

Well the quick way to settle this would be to field 1v1 and see what happens. But I already know: you're not interested in 1v1s over group fights, you don't do them, and you don't join the anything-goes tournaments -- which is fine, of course. Everyone has their preferences. But if you don't really field 1v1 much, how can you be sure you're unkillable? I can and have killed people using pots/wands who I think highly of as 1v1ers; people who are much more interested in 1v1s and do them much more often than you. Fights between very skilled stun mages throwing purple pots correctly are more volatile than you may realize. No one is unkillable in those kinds of fights.
  7. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

I've killed Roland of Gilead 1v1 on Soulwax outside Moonglow bank... I started like a year after summer 2013.

In fact... I'm pretty sure that was our first encounter on the field; ever... and I've yet to see you 1v1 since.

Don't deny it!
  8. napo

napo Well-Known Member

It's difficult for competent players to kill one another 1v1 when they're playing defensively, particularly when they're both on pure mage templates.
  9. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Archer 4 life.
    Mindless likes this.
  10. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

i remember that, but i wasn't using potions/wands (which i was careful to note in that sentence). It was a good reminder of why i should be using them.

also, i fight people 1v1 on the field all the time. Just not intentionally. I'll hold my mana and wait for an ally if I know its going to take another person.
  11. Mindless

You just don't seem like the kind of guy to die over not chugging pots/using a wand... and I know you were carrying them.

But hey; whatever.
    Theodin likes this.
  12. Pax Romain

To be fair, I just fielded Mes earlier. I dumped first, and was able to make him burn a wand charge. When he dumped next he set it up very sneakily and caught me clean. Props.
    Xegugg likes this.
  13. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

You're right, I had pots and wands on me. Basically earlier in that particular day you were saying you don't ever use pots/wands etc in a 1v1 and when I ran into you I thought why not I'd play along (after all, its a lot harder killing someone with a pure mage when they are chugging.) You dumped on me once and i survived, and then i dropped on you and you offscreened the finisher. You said you didn't and I don't really want to argue over that tidbit because it's not important. Next you dumped again and I stood there on screen, got stunned and died. And honestly I learned an important lesson. I hadn't forgotten. But my ego isn't so huge that I'd deny it happened.

The only time I can think of I died in a 1v1 in the field while using potions was in 2013 I was killing people at an event and hatecrime locked onto me and chased me to buccs hitting me with a halberd and throwing purple pots. Back then you could hit everytime with a purple pot on the run. It was a fair kill and I haven't forgotten that either.

for what it's worth i did offer pax that 1v1 field fight. I hadn't really intended to do offense but just dance and see if I could survive, after a while i ended up killing him. I think pax is a fantastic player and an iconic pvper on the server. I can't beat him in duels and I'm not saying I'm better than him at any aspect of pvp. All I'm trying to say is I don't die to 1v1's in the field (especially to a pure mage). And I find it difficult to kill players that are running/chugging 1v1 if they are pretty decent players. So I have no qualms about calling in someone to drop with me. Again, my goal in these situations is to kill someone, not take part in a fight that they perceive as fair.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    Pax Romain, Xegugg and Kane like this.
  14. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

One day I'll get there, I've killed my fair share of high profile targets 1v1 but I've yet to get pax. Hats off to Mes for the kill.
  15. Mindless

Fair enough... I was fresh on the scene and definitely didn't even have any wands. I have a big mouth; and it's certainly something I would have ran it about. The potions I'm not so sure of.. but it's a possibility.

Anyways; I'm not here to argue about your ability... I just wanted to get the facts straight.

Nice work on the Pax kill; dude is no doubt a beast.
  16. Russell

Russell Well-Known Member

Mes wont run about solo cuz he knows when he least expects it I am going to get him back for pking me and stealing my Dark Knight kill at Halloween 2013

someday....somewhere.... ooooooooooooooooooh boy your gonna get it!
    Punt likes this.
  17. Russell

lol this morning I finally took like 3 hours to set up my hotkeys on my new keyboard, I have never used wands nevermind had wand hotkeys, also never used single hand weapon equip hotkeys, you are all so fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucT
  18. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

Give it a few minutes and I'm sure you'll feel the tremors from me shaking in my boots.
    Kane likes this.
  19. Russell

gonna have to modify my art.mul file and put a condom on my character becuase people are about to get raped
  20. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

i sold your 25 silver vanq bows and only got 40k a piece for them back then