Character of respective factions?

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Geo, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

your mom goes to college
    Liberation likes this.
  2. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I'm pretty sure you're intentionally not making sense at this point
  3. napo

napo Well-Known Member

bickering over numbers is usually a pointless endeavor
  4. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

I removed the unnecessary words for you.
  5. napo

napo Well-Known Member

I disagree with that.
    There are lots of situations where there are things to be gained by bickering. I don't consider bickering about numbers to be one of the, as the other side will never agree.

Just look at this thread
    this is a great example of bickering numbers being pointless
    CoM claims that the guy that was only there for a minute doesn't count, and that one of their guys doesn't count because they were dead the whole time. These kinds of considerations are never extended to the other side, and the guys that we had dead or showed up/left early will count against us, as well as any and all alts seen on the field. Forget counting, people can't even agree on what the definition of combatant is.
  6. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

Well according to the dictionary bickering is arguing over trivial shit (literally by definition) ...

So you can argue about it with Webster.

PS. Look at me; bickering with you and shit.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  7. Slayerik

Slayerik Member

Napo...all I'm saying is we are all scrappers here at this point...if you knew some guy wasn't really part of the team of the fight then why count him unless to make yourself feel better? Everyone that was there knows you were fighting 5 guys in a pack. That was the fight. If you want to count some guy named megacoxkulous as one of our guys, ok fine. If u want to count jack white who wasn't a part of the fight at all as one of our numbers , cool. Just don't be an idiot. Please.
  8. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

lol i'm married with children and you're a druggie with arrested emotional development. let's talk about balls.
  9. napo

napo Well-Known Member

I think you completely missed my point.
    I don't really care how many you had. I don't particularly care about numbers, I engage oranges in the way more likely to win to a favorable outcome regardless of numbers and you will never hear me make excuses for losing that involve numbers or anything else, really. People who own their losses and their fuck ups are better players in the long term.

I was highlighting the futility of bickering over numbers. You're really just making my case for me. When oranges tally their numbers, they make sure to not count anyone who they feel shouldn't count. For example, like three posts ago where one of you is saying the guy that spend the whole time dead doesn't count. I wonder why he was dead?
    oh yeah
    we killed him
    on every one of his accounts

The point is that when counting numbers, people will always blow up the other side and downplay theirs. You will come up with reasons as to why people on the field helping you don't count, while every person, alt, and nearby cat will count as one for us. When two sides bicker over numbers, it's very unlikely that they'll ever agree. I've experienced this many many times on this server. My favorite was an 11v12 (11 of us, 12 oranges) in moonglow one night that ended up being counted by oranges as a 12v6 gank in our favor because they were crossteaming and refused to count the other faction as part of their numbers, even though both teams were working together against us.

Like I said, it's a pointless endeavor. My advice is to stop worrying so much about numbers. (and to stop using them as an excuse)
  10. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

rawr
    Cynic likes this.
  11. Slayerik

Slayerik Member

This guy fucks.

You don't engage shorthanded. Just face it, you don't. You say it yourself, you fight when you are likely to win...do numbers not even jump in your head? (because here's a hint, numbers make you more likely to win. True story) Is that why you ghost every major engagement?

Talk all the shit you want but your entire post was about numbers. lol
  12. Liberation

we have no misgivings; if we can engage you with 30 people to your 5, we damn sure will. these are war games to us and having a numeric advantage reduces the risk of casualties on our end. that being said, we do absolutely nothing to ensure that we have numbers up on our opponents, apart from being generally charismatic and handsome.

this is the way that all factions play, including CoM. it has been said many times in this thread: if CoM has 30 people to our 5, they are not asking 25 of their members to do something else while 5 of them engage SL in a fair fight.

tl;dr: you're only upset about numbers because you're losing.
  13. napo

napo Well-Known Member

Well, the topic at hand is numbers. So yes, it follows that my post would be about that.
    It's true that numbers are a factor when I think about whether a fight is a good fight or not, but I don't mind being a few down.
    When it's more like 5 down, that's obviously not a good fight - but not necessarily one that is unwinnable.

Though, there are ways to deal with disadvantages like that, but it's generally through the use of tactics that others consider grimy, like guards or heavy blue involvement or any of the many tricks we've been criticized for using over the years.
    There's a reason that I worded the sentence "I engage oranges in the way more likely to win to a favorable outcome regardless of numbers" as carefully as I did. I always gun for the most favorable outcome regardless of numbers. Sometimes that favorable outcome is something short of complete victory when the odds are unfavorable to a certain degree.

Oh yeah, and in true sleuthlord fashion, I care about other factors much more than numbers. For example (I'm going to say nice things about people here but don't let it go to your heads) who is involved is a lot more important than how many. I have no problem fighting twice my number of TB newbies, but if you put a Sandro in the mix the fight becomes much more difficult. Looking at your side, the players I consider the strongest are Ebola and Airframer.

So I guess to sum up, numbers are a consideration but they aren't the end all be all. And when we lose because of our numbers, it's our fault for not being able to come up with a technique to counter them. One of the reasons we're considered grimy is that we find creative ways to win battles that we would otherwise lose - I consider it a compliment when people call us sneaky or grimy.
    Xegugg and HateCrime like this.
  14. Theodin

Can we exchange dick and balls pics to make sure.. I can't tell over the Internet sometimes.. pics or it didn't happen
    Liberation likes this.
  15. Theodin

The cool part of the server is fighting 10 faggots with the same name. Personally I wake up everyday and ask myself if the great ones have time today to pvp with me. If not napo pvp forum posts are more than enough
    Liberation likes this.
  16. Theodin

Take your own advice dumb ass who's never been caught out of tram by himself. This was a good day of pvp on uor see yall next time
    Liberation likes this.
  17. Theodin

libs wife is gonna pop out a dank nugget and they're not gonna know who's it is
    Liberation likes this.
  18. Liberation

i guess i'm at a disadvantage in this exchange of personal attacks because i have meaningful relationships irl.

it'll get better, theo. have your mom drive you to a rehabilitation center and you can get your life straightened out.
    Jupiter and Mes like this.
  19. Theodin

lib I got a lot of respect for you.. you blow at uo but at least you make it up with forum pvp so you're all right
  20. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]