Christmas scroll TODAY in 4 hours

Discussion in 'Project Sanctuary [P'S]' started by Airin, May 7, 2017.

1. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

HI, we will be doing a christmas scroll today, everybody is invited. I keep rares, rest of loot will be spit equally.
    Starting at 9pm CEST (CET), should be 3pm EDT (EST), GMT probably 7pm . Meeting at PS lib 15 min before

Vortex found a great link for a countdown, so this is a test run : http://itsalmo.st/#scroll (dont rely on it 100 percent please, I might have set it wrong - this is my first time using it)
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Lord Krake likes this.
  2. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I really appreciate your initiative with these scrolls!

However, to get everyone on the same page I suggest you post times in EST. Which is east coast USA time. Most everyone is able to figure out what time that is for them. Also adding in a GMT time is the only other option I would add.

The CEST and EDT times you are posting are not something we use and I can see how they are confusing to people.

Thanks!
  3. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I used to put in EST and was told because of summer time it is renamed to EDT. Same for CET/CEST. I noticed that EST is used quite a lot on the forum, so I use that. But I can switch to GMT if that will be better
    Lord Krake likes this.
  4. Lord Krake

Stick with EST as it doesn't change. Add in a GMT option for those who use that.

Not sure who told you that those times change during summer. We do have daylight saving time in USA butbwe don't change the letter for our times zones.
  5. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Ok.

I use this to convert the time: https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/est-to-cet-converter
    And I was told by someone when I posted my zookeeper quest, that EST is not correct and the time is therefore not clear. I guess it might be a problem for people who don't live in countries with summer time
    Lord Krake likes this.
  6. Lord Krake

Sorry to hear about the confusion.

Like I said stick with EST and GMT and you will be great!
  7. Azerothian

Azerothian Well-Known Member

We do not use GMT at the moment in the UK - we are on BST (British Summer Time).
    Airin likes this.
  8. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Thanks for the correction. But if I write BST we will be back to the problem that people will now know what it is. So the way I see it, i can either use the correct term and people will not know what I am talking about, or use wrong terms and most people will be happy with that.
    Lord Krake likes this.
  9. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

Yeah just use est when dealing with east coast usa. In the states as far as I know we never change it to edt or anything else. The time changes happen but 11pm est just becomes 10pm est then back again. All tv broadcasts etc always stick to est, central, pst times... It never is 12pm est one day then 12pm edt the next, we just go by the same time zone though that time may change twice a year in that same zone.

united-states-time-zone-map.gif

How did the scroll go? :D
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
  10. Vortex

Vortex Well-Known Member

We had to cancel because we felt the amount of participants was not sufficient for village scroll. Pekka donated purple amib and we ran this one instead.