ClassicUO: An open source Ultima Online Classic Client

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Quick, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Ducky

Ducky Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

This seems to have been the cause. My client has not failed since I disabled the Windows and Nvidia game bar overlay and screen capture options.
    Lightshade likes this.
  2. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Text for door actions is tied to the door and not to the doorway. As such, the text pivots with the door.

This may seem completely inconsequential, but toss in a high lag/latency wireless connection (all I can get in my area) and a polar bear and you have a disappointing and unfix-able (under current shard mechanics) surprise for your end users as they transitioned to this new client. This has happened to multiple users.

The old client does not function like this as far as I can ascertain.

It took me losing 2 polar bears before I could even understand what was happening as the lag from the message and it moving the message with the door so that it lined up with the keys was invisible to me until it was too late.

In addition to this, is the question of whether double clicking the text should dismount you. This is obviously a mechanic that is very old, but is it something that should be current? Why was it used in the first place? Thoughts?

Oh, and give me my 2 polar bears back @Chris , this was an unfair trap. :p

*shakes pitchfork*
  3. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member

Leave polar bear mounted chars in war mode, with dismounting in war mode blocked via Razor. Been working for me so far.
    Lightshade likes this.
  4. gitchu1000

gitchu1000 Active Member

It's super strange. I use CUO as my main client that I connect to using UOR Launcher.

I open Launcher, go to settings, and tell it to load into OSI client
    I logged in with an account because I needed to turn the sound/music off so it wouldn't play at the logon screen.
    With Launcher still open, I now select to load into ClassicUO client
    Then I open UOAM-locked
    For a brief moment, I had the map linked to the account I wanted it to, and it was apparently tracking correctly. I say "apparently" because it was hard to tell.

Everything is all black. I see no landscape!

EDIT: I found an easy way to load all my MiBs to the new World Map that is now native in the CUO client. I will be posting details on this shortly.

http://uorforum.com/threads/importing-mib-markers-into-cuo-world-map.47809/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  5. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

I keep getting Ghost disconnects. I'll have no message popped up in-game telling me that I lost connection, but i'm definitely disconnected.
  6. fooka03

fooka03 Well-Known Member

How much of a pain would it be to have resource lines and/or icon filters in the CUO map? The former was a huge help in UOAM for setting up things like recall mining macros. The latter was nice since I could turn off things like all the random guild icons in towns (and different ore types for the UORGS map)
  7. r3ckon3r

r3ckon3r Well-Known Member

Hi @Quick

I'm not sure how active you are lately, I've just returned from almost a year out. I just wanted to bring to your attention the music playing 'issue' that is still present. Currently, the music corresponding to the last town you were in will loop continuously if you remain there or if you exit and go to your house etc. This is not reflective of the classic client's music behaviour.

With the original 2D client, the town music would play as soon as you enter the guardzone, and after one instance of the music, 'oldult01' - 'oldult04' would loop over and over thereafter.

Right now, as an example, if I entered Vesper the music would loop over and over without playing any other music. This is not consistent with the original 2D client.

It's obviously very minor, and I don't expect you to change anything but just thought I'd give my thoughts.

Buga likes this.
  8. r3ckon3r

r3ckon3r Well-Known Member

@Quick can you advise anything please?
  9. jefferyjay

jefferyjay Member

WOW, I've wasted so much time not installing this. What a bad ass update!
  10. Rototom

Rototom New Member

Dear, All!

How about "Special Moves" (DISARM) feature in this client? How to make it work without Razor?

Much appreciated,
    Mino likes this.