Client Login Issues

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Atraxi, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Atraxi

Atraxi Member

Okay, this is an issue that has happened on Voldeshard for years, and is continuing here. I've never recieved an answer as to why this happens and how I can stop it.

Approximately 1/3 of the times I try to log on with my client, it gets stuck on the "Connecting..." screen (as seen below). This never seems to happen when I first open the client and try to log in. It's always after I've logged off without closing the client, then attemped to log back in. In the past I have tried leaving it alone and seeing if it will continue logging in to UO, but it never does. One time I even went to sleep while doing this (trying to let it run to see if it will log in), which resulted in it being stuck on this screen for hours. The screen hadn't changed after all that time.

Can someone please explain why this happens? It's happened on Win XP, Vista, and 8. Every time it's happened, I am using the appropriate client for the server I'm attempting to log into.

[​IMG]
  2. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

This is a very common issue with the 5.0.8.3 client caused by a closed connection.

When logging out and logging back in if enough time has passed or if the client is just unhappy the attempted login will hang. Just end the task, or close the connection and try again. It rarely happens when connecting the first time.