Community Resist Session!! 9/2/13 7pm CST

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Atraxi, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Atraxi

Atraxi Member

MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!
    Monday, September 2nd, 2013 @ 7:00pm CST

[​IMG]

Do you need Resisting Spells? GM that shit for free! The next community resist session is here! The Company of the Vigilant is proud to announce the running of a public resist session being held at the C^V Countryside Events Center and Training Keep.

The Keep is conveniently located south of the Trinsic Moongate, and Southwest of the city of Trinsic. Gates will be provided from the banks of West Britain, Ocllo, and Moonglow.

The event starts next Monday, 9/2/13 and goes until either the funds run out or we're just tired of casting spells. Anyone familiar with the resist sessions on this server know that they usually last quite a while.

What is a "Resist Session"?
    Basically a few GM mages (Casters) line up and shoot spells at a whole bunch of people (Gainers), who gain in the skill Resisting Spells. Gainers are encouraged to come either nekkid or wearing newbied clothing. Regs are not necessary, as CHARGED runebooks to popular locations are provided if you need to leave. There is a chance that you may die at this event.

If you plan to bring a thief to score some free shit, be aware that griefing of any type will not be tolerated and will result in the offender being removed from the premises and not allowed back in. Once you are in the gainer or caster areas, you will be locked in. Wandering around the keep will not be possible.

What other skills can I work here?
    You can work any skill that you need to while at this session. I have set up 50 trapped containers above the gainer area if you need to gain detecting hidden. If you would like to gain skills such as wrestling or other fighting skills, please be aware that many times, people bring instruments for working barding skills, including peacemaking.

C^V Resist Arena Layout
    There are some things to know about the Resist Arena layout:
    Casters:
    Casters will stand on the YELLOW tiles and will cast at the LANTERN in the middle of the gainer area.

Gainers:
    Gainers will stand in the area surrounding the LANTERN. Any tiles within the Gainer area with NO cloth on them will be hit with the spells from the Casters.

Any Gainers seeking to remove themselves from the casting can do so by standing on one of the RED tiles. This RED ZONE in the southeast corner of the gainer area is a SAFE ZONE and is out of range of the casters.

Any Gainers who die during the event need to stand on the WHITE tile in the northeast corner of the gainer area. This tile allows access from outside the gainer area and is out of range of the casters.

If you wish to work detecting hidden, target the LANTERN in the middle of the gainer area, or yourself.

[​IMG]
  2. Atraxi

Atraxi Member

Re: Community Resist Session!! 8/30/13 7pm CST

Do you want to cast in the Resist Session?

We do need people to cast the spells. If you're interested, please send me a pm on irc to find out if we still have slots. Volunteering to cast does not obligate you to stay for the entire time. Part time casters are allowed. If we have too many casters, we will ask people with multiple casting characters to remove one of their casters.

Volunteer Casters

Atraxi
    Pirul
    Barak
    Zyler
    Blaise
    Diablo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Event Donors
    A^T provided the leftover funds from their last resist session
    C^V provided some funds from guild hunts

Special Thanks are given to the following private donors for helping us reach our goal:
    LanDarr/Peace
    Marquis De Sade
    Barak
  3. Atraxi

Atraxi Member

Re: Community Resist Session!! 8/30/13 7pm CST

Just doin a daily BUMPITY to remind everyone to mark their calendars
  4. Atraxi

Atraxi Member

Schedule Change!

Due to a potential conflict with the server's 1-Year Anniversary Celebration Events, I have pushed the beginning of the resist session to the 2nd of September. This is the next monday after when the event was originally scheduled to begin.
  5. Atraxi

Atraxi Member

The Great Resist Session Bombing of September 2013

[​IMG]

To those who perished in the attack, be assured, your death has been avenged.
  6. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

EDIT, misread.

What happened?
  7. Knive

Knive New Member

all i wanted was a pizza! iwoulda cooked them but i didnt have any timber
  8. Paradigm

Paradigm Active Member

so lucky is survived this! No idea how it happened.
  9. Atraxi

Atraxi Member

A poor, misguided group of individuals (who will not be named, lest they receive the recognition all terrorists desire) infiltrated the resist session gainer area and began dropping explosion potions which killed most of the people there.

Due to the sheer number of corpses piled up in such a small area, many items were lost to body decay.

A couple of our volunteer casters were mistakenly given many murder counts and have turned red because of this. In the future, I ask that anyone participating in such an event please refrain from giving any murder counts.
  10. Marquis de Sade

Marquis de Sade New Member

I'd just like to thank Atraxi for organizing this as well as the casters for doing their part of the deal even when some of them went red (by people accidentaly reporting them, I guess).

So thank you guys, people like you make this shard awesome :)
  11. Rokk

Rokk Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I want to thank all the folks that showed up for the event as well as those that spent tons to make this happen.
    Atraxi set the bar for how resist sessions ought to be and I for one am very proud of how he handled it all.
    hopefully everyone got what they came for :D
  12. orb

orb Active Member

Many thanks to those that put this on and volunteered to help.