Connection and Compendium Issues

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Gavyn Lughna, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Gavyn Lughna

Gavyn Lughna Member

I have been suffering severe connection issues while playing UO:R, the compendium also have problems the same time I cannot stay connected. I will login usually after my own computer crashes (that part is my problem), but occasionally, the Compendium will lose a large portion of it's information. This information will include my character, guild, and any reference to my existence on the shard. entire guilds like Paws, Yew, Stormhold, Cult of Kek and my own will go missing. If I try logging into the server while the compendium is glitching out like this, I cannot stay connected, losing it after a few seconds.

This has caused me many problems, such as : Unfair deaths, leaving me vulnerable in dungeons/wilderness, losing time on macro training skills (not any resource skills), and accidentally killing a sparring partner because I could not heal him without the connection.

I really hope there is a solution for this or the staff are looking into it.
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Recent website data errors is known and a separate issue.

Regarding your connectivity, troubleshooting the cause of your crashes first would be my first recommendation.
  3. Gavyn Lughna

Gavyn Lughna Member

The crashes are related to my video card, as my screen will go completely black and audio will loop for a second before going silent. Unless there is a problem with my internet itself, the connectivity is not on my side.
  4. Hoominaga

Hoominaga Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Have you reinstalled UO? The website database shouldn't have anything to do with your connection.
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Please consider not dealing in absolutes when it comes to connectivity resolution.

G'luck to you.
    Gavyn Lughna likes this.
  6. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Hello, not sure I understand exactly what you're talking may help Closed Connect VPN?

Apologies if not the topic ...
  7. Gavyn Lughna

Gavyn Lughna Member

I have not reinstalled UO, but I might try logging into another shard when this connectivity problem occurs, to ascertain if it is on my side of the connection. I won't be able to do anything about it though if it is, since my internet is provided by the apartment complex.
  8. Hoominaga

Just reinstall, don't log into other servers, and see if it happens again. It's safe to say it's not the server.
  9. Gavyn Lughna

Gavyn Lughna Member

I won't be able to reinstall at the moment because I am letting someone train their melee and healing skills on my main. I'll see if what you suggest will fix the problem as soon as possible though.
  10. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Where are you playing from?

Do you use three clients? If so, do all clients lose conection? I remember other players mentioning that sometimes 1-2 of their clients lose con, while the other clients aren't.

I think you also lose con when your IP switches. Maybe you have some weird stuff going on as you are in a Apartment Complex.

What's for sure is that the compendium glitches aren't related to your game client problems.
  11. Gavyn Lughna

Gavyn Lughna Member

So the Compendium is just glitchy sometimes? I started noticing the issue when I first tried running a second client, I couldn't keep connection with either one of them. That persists whenever I use two clients. It can sometimes happen randomly. The most consistent instant is when I reboot my computer (usually from a crash), and immediately try to log back in, suffering some these connection issues.
  12. Hiji Zuru

Hiji Zuru Well-Known Member

Yea I am not sure what is going on. There are two guilds with the exact same name and tag (except capitalization). I think I have an imposter now. Compendium says hes online and has different skills/clothes than I have ever had.

Like wtf?

http://www.uorenaissance.com/guild/1128
  13. Hoominaga

Check their passport.
    Kiryana and BlackEye like this.
  14. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

No idea what the compendium's problem is. Hasn't worked basically at all for 2 days it seems. Just missing data or reporting wrong data. Maybe has to do with lag lately, but definitely has nothing to do with OP specifically.

For the client:

Make sure UO is installed somewhere NOT in .../program files/.... (put it in like C:/UO/... or something)

R-click razor icon and set it to Win XP sp3 compatibility, check the box to run as administrator.

When razor opens, make sure "Reduce CPU Usage" is unchecked.

Don't run the client in full-screen.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    BlackEye and Gavyn Lughna like this.
  15. Gavyn Lughna

Gavyn Lughna Member

Sadly, that did not fix my issue, I already have it set up like this to avoid any problems. I'm starting to believe the issue is with my graphics card and internet connection. The pc shall be opened up and cleaned tonight.