Control Slots for Tamed Monsters and Animals

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Blaise, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

The gold may be a little low, but vermin creatures have always had little to no gold.

As far as silver serpents not offering any hides upon carving, im not entirely sure why it is this way but silver serpents have never yielded any leather material from being cut.

UO Guide: Silver Serpent
    UO Stratics: Silver Serpent
  2. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Per my question a few weeks ago, it appears the pack instinct is the following. First number is pack size, second number is % of normal damage that each critter does:

1 = 100%
    2 = 125%
    3 = 150%
    4 = 175%
    5 = 200%
    6 = 200%
    7 = 200%
    8 = 200%
  3. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

I figured a phoenix should require more control slots. Adding a fire aura would make them problematic to use for tamers, though, and an interesting mechanical hindrance which would entertain me greatly, no doubt. Either way, I'd still just like to see something other than the mare/drag/drag, mare/WW/WW or 4 mare setup be viable at least in certain circumstances.
  4. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

For sure.

That said... I sort of felt like Chris hinted at changes in the next patch to pet bonding. My *hope* is that you're allowed to bond more than one pet, in some reasonable manner. I.E... if you could bond 8 dire wolves, you could do some interesting things. Right now, it's just not worth it, because it takes so long to find them, tame them, and train them, that one death is disastrous (and at like 130 HP, that happens a lot to them, not to mention you the tamer).
  5. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

I spent a decent amount of time using a pack of dire wolves just after this thread was started. Now that we have more stable slots I'll likely reassemble a new pack but I imagine it'll always just be about low viability entertainment factor for me. Perhaps I'll try out hell hounds or hell cats (though I'm really more of a dog person.) I do highly recommend the 4 nightmare setup to any who haven't tried it out.

Since my return I've been desperately trying to catch back up on my forum reading and haven't yet come across any mention to bonding changes myself. Normally, I'm opposed to any real buff for tamers but, as it stands now, I see the bonding system only as a guarantee that a tamer can always ride a pure mare. . . Which is fine but it just doesn't have much interest to me. . .