Cove Fortress Preservation Society inaugural action

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Jupiter, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

LoL. I derailed my own thread :)

No, I wasn't suggesting using the specific funds for the Cove Stables (those are still planned to be given up as payment for construction).

I was merely suggesting to PFR some basic concepts I have considered that would provide PK oriented playstyles with an event that could be hosted. I think about our PK/PvP brethren and sistren a lot because I understand that my PvM-centric adventures may not always seem thrilling and engaging to them. I have ideas for events/adventures that could be both fun for their styles, but not be so much about 'competition' (if you want competition in an event, then plan a PvP Tournament like fight nights, Arena matches, etc.)

But I bet there are a lot of untapped PvP-centric events that could be both fun and have limited focus on competition/vengeance.

The Caravans are one of my favorite premises (e.g. Team 1 has to move X number of horse/supplies from Point A to Point B. Team 2 tries to interrupt along the way).
  2. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

The Stolen architect plans

The scene of gore and dismemberment resembled only something Jupiter had witnessed in nature at the site of a carcass mangled by frenzied carnivores. He frowned as he saw that the family sigil of Laurencio the Architect was the only thing that bore any identifying features of the man who had drawn up the plans for the stables.

"Who would have done this? " Jupiter's question was directed to William; captain of the Cove lumber-force and the Wall Watch. Given the small population, many of the citizens of Cove often held two if not three positions in the city's council. William's third and most crucial position was that of being the ever concerned citizen.

"That's what we were hoping you could tell us."

"Have you sent for Victor Magnus?"

"We have m'lord, and erm. .." the captain hesitated in vain.

"Well, out with it man !"

"Victor concluded that the wounds were inflicted by a creature that has never been seen in these parts. Nor did any of our vigilant watchmen report any disturbances in the night. He claims this was done by an. . anaconda!"

Jupiter puzzled over the scene again. He had never known Victor's post mortem assessments to be wrong.

Then it came. It was the culminating effect of his mind seizing all other thoughts, and he had ages of them rattling around at every moment, to focus on this one event. He turned to the captain, "where are the construction plans?"

"The what sir?" The captain's reply only confirmed Jupiter's conclusion

"They were supposed to be delivered today!" Jupiter shouted over his shoulder as he flew out of the door with astonishing speed.

at the fortress library a gruesome stretched hide is hung from the center parapet.

Jupiter stretched out his crook and pinched the flayed human hide against the stone parapet to keep it from flapping in the steady breeze. He studied a scrawled message written in what appeared to be human blood, "You cursed Britannians shall never see the construction of your precious enslavement cages. And now that I have your precious words and drawings I shall know how to dismantle the cursed cages you call stables!

Igavius Lilinquist Lionmage"

Citizens of the realm, we are in need of your assistance. The plans to construct a stables have been stolen by the beast master of the lost lands! Apparently he had carried a vendetta against @Dalavar and all the other tamers and has sought to exact his revenge in a most savage manner. In order to retrieve the plans we will need your help to defeat him! I beseech any tamers of the land with a Zookeeper quest to contact me. We will need a completed scroll in order to enter the Beast master's realm. Please be aware we will not be using the scroll for bonding slots but rather to recover our plans. Do not let Laurencio's legacy be lost in the wild overgrowth of the jungles of time.

Signed Jupiter
    Alice Asteroid and El Horno like this.
  3. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I have a flying monkey and a rattlesnake to offer. I will keep my eyes out for other rare beasts Wizard.
  4. Codus

Codus Well-Known Member

I have a Bloodthirsty Bull to offer!
  5. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

Jupiter,

I have a scroll that already has 10 animals signed to it. We can aim to complete this if you want.

Nym

p.s I would still like to get my bonding slot though.
    Jupiter likes this.
  6. Plankton

Plankton Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

What? Cove with a stable? Blasphemy!