CtF Suggestions

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Coffee, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

I have one really simple suggestion.

If it's CTF... the team who captures the flag the most should win. Doesn't seem it works this way atm?
    Vishakt likes this.
  2. Coffee

Coffee Member

Please make a valid suggestion, not a description/question on the very basics of how winning a match works.

Appreciate the dull interest, though.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Despite my numerous recommendations to the contrary, Telamon opted to still allow points for kills. Thus, a team that just stands in their base synch-dropping enemies can actually win CTF. This can be evidenced by the last match I played where I capped three flags, the enemy captured 0, and we lost.

It's completely contrary to the fucking name of the game. Personal points/gratification for kills in CTF aren't an issue. Actual match-winning points for killing is for death matches, not capture the flag. It's fucking stupid. The end.
    Vishakt likes this.
  4. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Maybe you didn't read what I said or maybe I typed it all funny but as I recall (and I could be wrong) a few days ago my team capped the flag more but lost.
  5. Coffee

Coffee Member

Yeah, typed it all funny in the form of a question. My bad for apparently misunderstanding that.

To fix that, make it so every 5 kills gives a point or something. I believe giving points for kills is good, but not 1:1 ratio.
    Vlar likes this.
  6. Maltman

Maltman Active Member

Ouch. Kills shouldn't decide anything. CTF is simply nothing to do with kills. I would really like to know the reasoning behind why it is how it is now.

Also I was dead serious about the monsters spawning. Playing DOTA in UO is on my bucket list.
    Vlar likes this.
  7. Coffee

Coffee Member

I don't know, personally, how I feel about the monsters. Would they be invulnerable? How far would they go off their path chasing the opposing players? Which type of monsters?
  8. Mimic

Mimic Member

You need kills in case of a tie in flag captures. Kills then determine the winner.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

You don't need kills to determine a winner. It's called a draw. Granted, out of the thousands of CTF matches I've played in Call of Duty, I've had maybe a 1% draw rate and every single time the lobby was like "man, great match. That was the shit. Good game!"
  10. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member

Flag captures net 15 points per cap. Kills net 1 point.

Killing is super important in CTF matches. Defense is paramount and if you cant defend your base/ kill the guy that grabs your flag... you are shit out of luck for 2 minutes or whatever the timer is. While someone is holding your flag you are unable to capture any opposing flags thus not scoring any major points.

I feel killing an opposing carrier (guy that grabs your flag) should net more than one point as it is the point of the game. (Capture flags and defend your own flag)

Just my two cents.
  11. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

My suggestions.
    1. Have a banker in the base.
    2. Require users to actually use gear when playing CTF.
    3. Items should drop on player corpses and nothing should be free use.
    4. Allow all skills and all spells (except Mark, Recall, Gate Travel)
    5. Winning team should be 100% dependent on flag captures. Kills should have no factor. If the flag captures are even, extend the game with sudden death mode (if someone dies, they remain die, eventually one team will score another capture)
  12. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Bart, I agree on that point allocation, if kill points are to remain in.

Pork, I'd totally play that too. A real Feluccan CTF with stealing, stealthing, EVs and other madness. I mean, it would be a super gay mage-fest because everyone would just pull a sack of leathers regs and potions and go to it. No one's gonna be out there with valuables, but it would still be fun to play.
  13. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Kills should decide winner in the event of a tie in CTF mode. I submit the current rule-set is more aptly called 'Flag Deathmatch'.
    One likes this.