Cupid is Back! A Renaissance Holiday Event

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Feb 11, 2015.

1. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

congrats guys, epic prizes!
    Gideon Jura likes this.
  2. Russell

Russell Well-Known Member

someone get me those sandies!

...sandies for handies!
    Basoosh and Gideon Jura like this.
  3. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

4. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

That's some crazy rewards for crappy gameplay. Also, how can 3 ppl get reindeer masks when there is only one depicted? I also see there are much more rewards in total available. *crosses fingers for thieving award* ;-0
  5. Fraggle

Fraggle Well-Known Member

very nice swag!
  6. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

PINK ORC MASK FOR LIFE.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  7. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Everyone wanted the same item so we allowed them to all have the same one, The other masks will most likely be reserved for future years.

And historically we reward effort when doing bonus rewards, to encourage players to participate, even if you are terrible at it, and have a good time. No one who intentionally was terrible was rewarded. (Ergo farming deaths).

As for the rewards, they are simply based on things we can currently track, as we add more tracking, we would add more quirk rewards.
    Mindless likes this.
  8. Kermit

Kermit Well-Known Member

Great!
    Grats Guys!

Ps: Bear mask was way better!
  9. BlackEye

Heya Chris,

this is a public appeal and I will risk to annoy you a bit for the chance to get one of these really nice pinky bear masks... I have roughly ~850 screenshots (I have no clue why I have that much, must have been some kind of trigger for the auto-screenshot feature) in which you can easily follow my nefarious deeds. 1/3 of them show me being grey from some steal or looting dropped people, 1/3 are me stealthing around and snooping people and 1/3 show I don't know what random stuff. I am very much willing to provide them for further inspection as .zip file. :D

Apart from that I know that I have acquired roughly 100 plat (can't prove the amount, you will just find 50% of that in the taken screenshots) and most of the stuff on the following screenshot from roguish behaviour (plus all the other stuff like looted weapons and armor from dropped people).

[​IMG]

That's why I think, I should appeal for one these cool rewards in this pathetic and impertinent way... and also get one! Because honestly, for four days I totally ignored work, social life and family and gave my best to annoy all fine people on this shard. But wasting inwasting investing(!) time is not my main point, its also about the promotion and appreciation of other game and play styles apart from casting Blade Spirits and gating Tamer+Drags. And doing that in a professional/successful way (I am so full of shit, but I want MY badass, roguish named MASK! DAMNIT!) :cool:
    Tuco likes this.
  10. Tuco

Tuco Well-Known Member

I support and/or approve of BlackEye's petition.
    BlackEye likes this.
  11. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Mindless likes this.
  12. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Solution is simple: Sell your phoenix armor and buy a mask.
    AlexCCCP likes this.
  13. BlackEye

You wish. This is not about buy 'a mask' for some cash - this about my degrading try to get a 'Stealer of Cupids Heart' pinky mask for acknowledgement of four days permanent stealing from easy going pvm'ers and also promoting the life of thievery during these times (see my first screenshot post). Additionally, by sheer luck, I have a huge amount of screenshots that prove that.
  14. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

You didn't steal from Cupid you stole from players participating in the event, you did not participate or contribute to this team driven event. You stole plenty to satisfy your pixel cravings, you deserve nothing. You stole a rose from my I'm pretty sure, that's valuable sell it or keep it, that's already too much for your efforts.
  15. Tuco

Tuco Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone's philosophically opposed to "the life"
  16. BlackEye

I stole from Cupid too (mainly during the first day)!!! Although he was besieged by a minimum of 10 dragons and with players intend on killing me, I was able to pull of several steals from him. He only had gold, which is totally dumb to steal from such a boss. Stealing from players was much more satisfying and rewarding. :rolleyes: You can also argue about "contributing" to the event. In my opinion, I contributed much more than any tamer/blade spirit caster to the aspect of fellucan playstyle and by spicing up the experience of many many players.

And I expected such stuff coming up. I don't demand anything. I asked whether stealing/thieving can be rewarded. The answer was that it is not trackable as of now. Due to pure chance, I have ~850 live action screenshots, and probably much more witnesses, some sour, some cool. So I give it a try, hope for much opinions of other players and wait until Chris decides that this style of gameplay is worthy of a reward or not.

And the title is fitting. I helped Cupid in many ways by distracting all of you Cupid haters and 'stole' his heart with this totally selfless deed. I am such an angel. :D
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    Jupiter and Tuco like this.
  17. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

Where's my "Closest House to the Event" mask?!?!

*shakes fist*
  18. BlackEye

Mindless, such a reward would have to be retracted now. :confused:

PS: Well, minus one building I am banned from.