Curious! Roll call!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by It'sallALark, Sep 20, 2016.

1. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    BlackEye and ReZon like this.
  2. Bankshot

Bankshot Member

3. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

CRAP! I thought you were posting that you were the owner of the house I was looking for

@One you are correct... its probably in the hands of a casual player at best, or someone on break and just refreshing... it supposedly sold only 2 months ago, so I was hopeful
    One likes this.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

lol @ Gideon being shady. He's one of the biggest fucking squares I know and that's saying a lot. He's a great guy and that's not meant to be a slight but good lord, shady?

Hahhahahaha
    Avery and newme like this.
  5. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

1st year. Took a break after running a guild with some dysfunctional people. Came back recently as mostly a loner.
    Lightshade and newme like this.
  6. Dorian Andrael

Dorian Andrael Active Member

I started on here around Christmas of 2012 at the invitation of @Jupiter

Still play, though my game time varies wildly based on availability, how my writing is going (when I have writer's block I'm on a LOT more.... probably not a good thing productivity wise) and what's going on with the wife and kids.

I have to say, I absolutely love the shard/server. I started UO back in 98 and this is the best I've found since those early days. Love the dynamics, the old feel, the new material.... all of it. I have a small group of core people that I run with when the mood strikes, but have been basically a loner for the most part. The only thing I feel is somewhat lacking on this server is a strong RP base, though that seems to be getting a lot more active recently. I wasn't on much when Stormhold was in its prime, but played a lot with VoP in my early days when it was still running and bustling. I miss the old school rp interaction and the player towns a lot and have tried to help get them up and running again, but right now I'm pulling two jobs... a day job and writing.... plus 3 kids... so the time just isn't there like I wish it was.

Other than that, I love it. This will be my UO home as long as possible...

Also, a HUGE thanks to the staff who run this place. You guys do a bang-up job and you really don't get told thank you enough... @Chris @Samorite and the rest that I can't remember off the top of my head..... thank you guys for your hard work and dedication. It is greatly appreciated, even if those sentiments are not expressed as often as they should be.

DWM
  7. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

Monday, August 5th, 2013.
    1143 days ago
    Right before the 1st anniversary event
    Avery, It'sallALark and newme like this.
  8. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

It'sallALark, Cero, Pirul and 2 others like this.
  9. newme

newme Well-Known Member

I did both the Alpha and beta tests, and still here. Although due to real life craziness, can't play as often as I once did.

I know I'm kind of the odd ball, but....always tickles me when people complain about the "grind" of building skills. Really! You can afk macro your little hearts out using razor, what kind of grind is that. lol On OSI took weeks, sometimes months to build up skills to gm....now that's grinding skills.

btw, I don't use razor to macro, nor do I enjoy pvp. knows that's were the odd ball comes in .

This server has a fantastic player base, yes, once in while a jerk comes along, but find that in any sort of population, in a game world, at work, or were-ever. Also the staff here, wow, so awesome,

Nothing will replace the "good old days", but this server hits lots of the marks and feels classic.

Interesting thread, thanks for posting it.

Marjo Governess of Wispfelt

Westra on irc
    Avery, It'sallALark, Valrick and 2 others like this.
  10. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

If I answer A honestly and completely, I don't think I'd be allowed to do B.

Also, I think your stated goal is better served by asking people both sides of this question. I don't see how focusing on why people left is going to result in them rushing back nor do I think it will encourage any new players.

Edit: I will say why I took a break the first time, at least. When the shard first started the PVP mechanics made melee combat unviable. I think you can see why this is a problem when you are an orc. I came back after changes were implemented. I don't like all of the changes, but the sum is quite positive and we are definitely in a much better place now then we were then as far as this issue is concerned.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    Vishakt, It'sallALark and newme like this.
  11. The Watch

The Watch Well-Known Member

I know, right?? When I joined on OSI (1997-98)it took me over a year to hit GM magery and taming. Mainly because in the early days of OSI gold was so difficult to come by if you didn't have an in with the already established power players. I still remember when I hit my first 100k and I bought my first house (a small fieldstone placed in the Compassion desert with a partner.... Mephisto). I thought I was the UO-richest dude alive... lol.
    newme likes this.
  12. Hlokk

Hlokk Active Member

I joined as can be seen my join date here, late 2013. I've been off and on, but most recently started playing again due to the deco contest bringing back some good memories.
    newme likes this.
  13. Nightwolf

Nightwolf Active Member

First day here was August 24, 2012. Here's to another 1489 days!
  14. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I started a couple of months after the 1st Anniversary. This is the best shard of all time and I'm not going anywhere.

It's safe to say that if UOR falls, I'll never play UO again.
  15. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

Just started here last week. Anyone got any gold I can have to get established??
  16. Dorian Andrael

Dorian Andrael Active Member

Nice try moneybags... lol :rolleyes:
    newme likes this.
  17. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

Played here from Beta until sometime early this year. I finally hung it up because r/l was kicking my ass (and still is). I enjoyed my time here and think this is the best place to be if you're looking to play some UO!
    It'sallALark, Basoosh, Avery and 3 others like this.
  18. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Hiya! I still play, mostly crafting and mining with the odd treasure map thrown in the mix!
    Avery, It'sallALark and newme like this.
  19. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Started during last week of beta. 8/25/2012
    It'sallALark, newme and Avery like this.
  20. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

Joined 2/17/14 I came to play with a friend here, but they never had the time to. I am shy and takes me a bit to play with new people. I ended up bringing my friend Cene here to play with me, and I ended up meeting a group of people who are supportive and I consider great friends. They have helped me out a lot lately.

I brought some others here I have been multi gaming with off and on for the past 15 Years. We've had guild bbq, meet ups and had great times in and out of game. I cherish my friendships I have and glad I let myself meet new peeps.

Currently my status is "contemplating", I have a really hard time in finding interest in anything currently. It's not the game, community, or anything on this decision, it's just me and how I feel and hoping it passes. I loved this game because so many things you can do.