Curious! Roll call!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by It'sallALark, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Started April 2013 after server launch and was a pretty steady player for 3 years.

Currently in refresh mode. Some of it RL related, but much of it simply because I've got a gaming backlog a mile long. As great as UO is, there ARE other games out there. I dunno how there are still people out there that have never played other games.

Have absolutely nothing bad to say about UOR. I would never dream of wasting time playing UO anywhere else. Great shard, great community, still want to keep tabs on whats going on. Would like to see that new patch tho :p
    Avery, PaddyOBrien, ReZon and 3 others like this.
  2. Genocide

Genocide Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I've killed Les in TK Ballrons. Not ALWAYS on point
    newme and It'sallALark like this.
  3. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Gen! Anyone in game you haven't killed ? :D
    Valrick likes this.
  4. The Watch

The Watch Well-Known Member

I tried ShadowBane and loved it. That game was CRAZY good, but it just never took off. At the time, EQ was still the number 1 big dog on the block in the MMORPG scene and sucked the life out of pretty much everything else.

SB coupled with the release of UO Age of Shadows resulted in my exit from the Origins UO world. SB was that awesome. Player cities, for instance, were actual cities out in the world with walls, shops, banks, guards, etc. And warring guilds could attack and sack your city, kill your guard, destroy your walls and shops, etc. Sieges of player cities would last hours or even days, complete with armies and trebuchets to batter down the walls. It was awesome and I really hated to see the servers shuttered.

Oh, and I started here when my 3 year old daughter was born, 2/14/13. Been loving it ever since, though I don't get to play nearly as much as I'd like. I do, however, haunt the forums often and write stories when I can.
    Steady Mobbin, Basoosh, newme and 3 others like this.
  5. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

I loved me some ShadowBane !!

Played Earth & Beyond, loved it.

Played WoW - Great at first

Always come back to UO!
    Steady Mobbin, Avery, newme and 2 others like this.
  6. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Maybe Chris?
    He is a hard one to get.
    Avery, newme and Valrick like this.
  7. Genocide

Genocide Active Member

Caleb Holman ... sp? That dude was my nemesis, always able to elude me. Studied my patterns and always positioned himself to where he could always get away. Miss chasing you Caleb, wherever u are.
    PaddyOBrien, newme, Player X and 3 others like this.
  8. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

This makes you cool in my book. Only release that i loved after Age of Shadows era on OSI was Shadowbane.
    Steady Mobbin, newme and The Watch like this.
  9. M3THMOUTH

M3THMOUTH Active Member

Started the day my forum account was made;
    Played Pacific until AoS
    Played UOG: Hybrid.... My account there is 13+ years (I'm 23 so since I was ten)
    And this is the best server I have ever played. Only thing I miss about Hybrid was 2500+ players
    newme and The Watch like this.
  10. Ron Jeremy

Ron Jeremy Well-Known Member

About 2 years old, servers great! There's nothing like killing someone in cold blood and leaving them cookies :)
    One, Gideon Jura, newme and 1 other person like this.
  11. shad

shad Well-Known Member

257 days here!
    newme and Basoosh like this.
  12. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Well, I started last week of Beta!

I hopped over with a crew (from another place that sucked balls) that I just met and they lasted about half the first year, Zyler is one of the only ones remaining I believe. I refresh my houses like a good boy and just started organizing things in my houses so when I start hopping back on here and there I will be able to suit up. I probably won't do much PVP because my game is laggy (one of the reasons I quit playing as often). I play other online games fine, like Overwatch or League of Legends, but the connection here isn't that great for me.

Sorry my houses are not for sale.
    ReZon, Zyler, newme and 1 other person like this.
  13. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

hi wulver hope you are well dood
    Wulver and newme like this.
  14. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

don't invoke my name wulver... miss you brother.l
    Wulver likes this.
  15. The Crooked Warden

The Crooked Warden Well-Known Member

But I want to be the stable boy of serps hold :(
    Wulver and ReZon like this.
  16. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have been doing alright getting promoted next week which is pretty cool!
    Mes, One and Blaise like this.
  17. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

I started ~1 month before 2nd anniversary. (El Horno started right around the same time! Bitter noob rivals, to good friends... good times.)

My accounts are 1200 days old though because I have a habit of checking out every UO shard ever... for the last.. decade or so.
  18. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member

I started with one week left in Beta. I miss those times. Everyone was so innocent back then except, ShadowJack. We were all newbies grinding everyday to make ends meet. I grouped up with A^T in the beginning and had so much fun with that group training up and slaying mobs. I've made some amazing friends over my four years here. We've had many RL meetups over these 4 years, most notably a group camping trip in California and a cross country trip where I met 6 or so #Renaissance nerds moving across the US. @Genocide @Chicken @Mutombo @DrSassy @amfeKk @Blaise @Gideon Jura @Joshius @LanDarr

Farming, PvP, Champ spawns, PKing, crafting, house deco, Idocs. I have dabbled in it all!

This is the best server out there hands down. I would recommend it to anyone/everyone out there interested in Ultima.

I haven't really taken any breaks or gone into refresh mode for more than a week or so over my four years here. I try and stay as active as I can and enjoy my time with this community.
    Genocide, PaddyOBrien, Avery and 3 others like this.
  19. Treasureman_Retired

Treasureman_Retired Well-Known Member

Figured I should jump into this thread. I am still around and frequently playing, etc.

Unsure of the exact date I played, but when the server was first created, I logged on with only 2-4 people online. 2 were staff members and it was me and maybe another.

It was the good ole days when you started with a pile of crap in your bank and had the ability to increase any skill to 100 on command. Of course, when the shard went live, all of those goodies/skills were erased (sadly!).

Anyways, I guess I have been around forever. I was present to watch the birth of UOR coming from @Chris womb.. and boy was it an amazing birth. My account is 3 days younger than Telamon's, if that means anything. LOL

UOR!
  20. Vishakt

Vishakt Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I first arrived just before the 1st shard wide scavenger hunt, so I'll assume that was around the 1 year mark. I wasn't sure what was going on, I was just orcing it up on Tarshakt and thought I'd try to run the thing just for fun and to get some interaction with peeps. Scored a point I think and got honorable mention...took 3 cider jug as prize but let my Compassion desert small tower (gift from Krothu) fall with them in there a few months later.

I resurface periodically and a year ago or so I finally made a human toon and found a great group to run with while using him.

I technically don't play anymore but I like to keep up and sneak on when I finally get enough free time to realize that I have no way to use it all.

Some of you guys suck but most of you are quality people and it can be a fun way to spend a few hours.
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Xegugg and Eldstorm like this.